May 10, 2010

A Prayer of Blessing for Your Children

Whatever age your children may be, whether they are living at home or have moved away, here is a prayer of blessing to pray over them today. It is based upon Numbers 6:22-27.

Father, my heart is full of praise and gratitude to You for blessing me with the gift of my beautiful children. I want to say, over and over again, “Thank You so much!” Your blessings leave me in awe. You have enriched my life in more ways than I could ever imagine.

Your blessing, Father, means everything. My prayer and deep desire is that my children will be blessed of the Lord. May Your blessing be upon them. As Aaron spoke Your blessing over the people of Israel, so I speak Your blessing over my children today.

Father, bless them with Your favor and kindness; keep them by Your power and strength, and deliver them from all evil; may Your face shine upon them with the light of Your radiant love; may they know the abundant riches of Your amazing grace; lift up upon them the smile of Your countenance; shield their hearts and minds with Your abiding peace, the perfect peace that passes all understanding.

And the LORD spoke to Moses, saying: "Speak to Aaron and his sons, saying, 'This is the way you shall bless the children of Israel. Say to them: "The LORD bless you and keep you; The LORD make His face shine upon you, And be gracious to you; The LORD lift up His countenance upon you, And give you peace." ' "So they shall put My name on the children of Israel, and I will bless them." Numbers 6:22-27 NKJV

Comments:

13 Responses to “A Prayer of Blessing for Your Children”

1. paige May 10, 2010 at 10:35 PM #

thank you for this! i just prayed this blessing ove my children as i read it.

2. Pai May 11, 2010 at 7:05 AM #

Hi, thank you very much for this message. I was feeling some heaviness to think of my daughter who is away in Indonesia on official assignment. The prayer you gave is just appropriate and comfortable for me to pray for her.
    Well, the blessing of Joshua has been made into a dismissal song of our Saviour Church (Anglican) in Singapore. Come and visit us to hear this blessing at the end of each service.
    Cheers.
    Pai.

3. Virginia May 11, 2010 at 7:31 AM #

Dear Sir,
    I received your post….so blessed, thank you!!!!!!!
    The one on praying for our children…..May I print out a couple copies for dear friends that do not have a computer?
    What is your policy please? Thank you for sharing your gift with our hearts daily.
    In Christ and with thanksgiving….Virginia

4. Rose May 11, 2010 at 4:51 PM #

Hi, thank you very much for this wonderful message. I print out a copy and put it near my children’s bed. It touched my heart as I read this and pray for my children.

5. shey May 11, 2010 at 8:37 PM #

Sir,
    I’m so blessed with this message and just speak forth blessing over my child.
    As I read through it, it made me reminded how important a prayer is…
    Thank you so much!!!

6. Rhonda May 11, 2010 at 9:45 PM #

Thank you for your beautiful post and for leading us in this beautiful prayer for our beautiful GIFTS from Our Loving Father. Psalm 127:3, “Children are a GIFT from the Lord.”

7. visvim March 15, 2011 at 2:39 AM #

Thank your for continuing to send Meet Me in The Meadow. It is and
    encouragement to me and I have had many occasions that I can pass that
    encouragement along to others!

8. christina May 14, 2012 at 5:53 PM #

God bless u Roy for ur wonderful inspirations.

9. Ruth M. Sanders July 13, 2012 at 11:42 AM #

Thank you for your wonderful posts. I especially appreciated the “Prayer of Blessing” for my adult children. I pray it for my grandchildren, as well. God bless you and your work for Him.

10. Jennifer Cooray July 15, 2012 at 12:41 AM #

Thank you so much for posting the Prayer of Blessing for our children. Appreciate it very much. May God Bless you and the good work you do.

11. Caroline January 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM #

Thanks Roy for blessing us by your writing and helping us to bless our children. May God bless you Roy.

12. Pearl August 5, 2014 at 1:35 PM #

thanks you so much for the wonderful prayer. we all love our children know matter how old they get or we get. matter of fact the older they get the more we ant to pray for them. I am from the southern part of the united states and I have three adult children and we all are living in different states and I ask for your blessing that god will bless me to move back south and that would allow me to be closer to my familys. I do believe that is one of the greatest things one can ask for is to be with family. it is a unity that bind one together. thank you so much for such lovely prayers and god bless you and your family.

13. Robbie Kruger August 26, 2014 at 12:45 AM #

Wow! Good stuff man! I am busy writing a Book on this important issue of the Christian Faith. What are we speaking Life or Death? (Prov 18:21). May God Bless our children in a Mighty way!