December 30, 2011

Six of the Needs You will Have in 2012

If the Lord is willing, we shall live and we shall do this or that [thing]. James 4:15 AMP

Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Matthew 6:34 AMP

Teach me to do Your will, for You are my God. May Your gracious Spirit lead me forward on a firm footing. Psalm 143:10 NLT

One thing you can be certain about in the coming year is that you can’t be certain about what is ahead. This is a great blessing, because you do not need to know. To know what is ahead and the details of what will happen would be too great a burden to carry and too great a responsibility to bear.

Photo Credit

What you do need to know about the future is not what is ahead of you, but Who is ahead of you. It is the Lord who goes before you, is ahead of you, and is preparing the way for you. Your future is in His sure, strong, caring hands.

I am with you, and I will protect you wherever you go. One day I will bring you back to this land. I will not leave you until I have finished giving you everything I have promised you. Genesis 28:15 NLT

As you pass through the door of 2011 and enter the door of 2012, here are six of the needs you are certain to have…

1.     There will be the need for prayer:

Until you get to heaven, there will always be the need for prayer. In every prayer as a believer, you will be speaking to the living God, your loving Father—the One who invites you to come, the One who hears your cries, the One who answers your prayers, and the One who will work all things together for the good according to His will and purpose.

2.     There will be the need to trust:

God does not want you to be fearful or worried about what is ahead. He will give what you need when you need it; He will tell what you need to know when it is time to know it; He will show what you need to see when it is time to see it. When He is silent about any matter, be at peace about it and do not become anxious.

3.     There will be the need to obey:

You will never outgrow your need for obedience. To obey the Lord is to please the Lord. He will always give you the provision, the time, and the opportunity to do what He has asked you to do. If He is not asking you to do anything new or different at the present time, continue to do the last thing He asked of you.

4.     There will be the need to forgive:

No one will ever act perfectly or speak perfectly to you. Even those who love you will not perform perfectly. Forgiveness is an attitude of the heart and a choice of the will that you must walk in each day. Some people carry hurt, bitterness, or resentment in their hearts for years, never wanting to let go of the past. As you go through the door of 2012, drop at the entryway, all the hurts of yesterday and carry them no more.

5.     There will be the need to be faithful:

In 2012 you will need to press on in the will of God for your life; you will need to walk on through the valleys and over the mountain tops that you will face; you will need to carry on in your service of love to others; you will need to live on in the will of God with a thankful heart, with praise upon your lips, and with zeal in your spirit.

6.     There will be the need for Jesus:

Every day, in every moment, through every circumstance of 2012, you will need Jesus. You will need Him fully and you will need to trust Him completely. You will need His grace to enable you, His Spirit to empower you, His strength to support you, and His counsel to instruct you in all the will of God.

The best place is wherever He puts us, and any other would be undesirable, all the worse because it would please our fancy, and would be of our own choice. Do not think about distant events. This uneasiness about the future is unwholesome for you. We must leave to God all that depends on Him, and think only of being faithful in all that depends upon ourselves. When God takes away that which He has given you, He knows well how to replace it either through other means or by Himself.  –Fenelon

Strive to carry yourself with total resignation to the Divine will that God may do with you and all according to His heavenly pleasure, relying on Him as on a kind and loving Father. –M. Molinos

Comments:

38 Responses to “Six of the Needs You will Have in 2012”

1. david lloyd thomas December 30, 2011 at 7:58 PM #

As Roy commented about the future I thought of how easy and slippery it is to hypothysize “what if” situations. “What if this or that” happens; “What if such and such” should take place. All guess work and those thoughts that conjure up worries and fears just feed anxiety. The believer must release himself to our precious Lord who alone will take care of all future situations.

• Bert J. Vanderhoof January 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM #

“What if” none of the things you conjure up in your mind never happens, than all the time spent worrying about their eventuality will have been wasted. The time could have been utilized in so many productive endevors instead being squandered while chasing “what ifs”.
      Care about today, that’s enough for you to handle, bjv

2. mary lee cook December 30, 2011 at 10:04 PM #

thank you for this breath of fresh air web site. early mornings are prayer and bible time. around 10 i open the Meadow at work for a quick feeding on His word. They are always uplifting. Again, thank you. Mary Lee

3. Ernie Atkinson December 30, 2011 at 10:06 PM #

Philippians 4:19 (ESV)
    And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Amen

4. Marisol Vias December 30, 2011 at 10:32 PM #

I am so blessed everytime I read on the Meadow Devotionals and love to share with my family & friends in Facebook. I ask God to continue using and blessing your ministry to enrich our lives and help for the advancing of the Lord’s kingdom.

5. Monique December 31, 2011 at 12:21 AM #

I so loved this post today as Matthew 6:31-34 has always been one of my fave scriptures. I worry, and I do mean worry, about a LOT of stuff..always have. But I must say in the last year or so (thereabout!) I’ve learned to TALK to God ABOUT my fears, and in doing so–they make them less ‘doomable’! I’m learning that since God DOES have control over everything, to start concentrating on trusting MORE in the Lord and REALLY leaving my worries with him. Not easy for a worry-wort like me but it is doable one step at a time. Just have to keep on striving and pressing, for God has always seen me through..His ways are not definitely my ways, but His ways always work!

• Sara January 1, 2012 at 3:24 AM #

Let go, and Let God. Worry has never helped solve anything, but God can. He has never let me down in all the years I have been on Earth, so there is no reason to think He would start to do so now. Somehow, all the things I worry about, manage to get resloved, anyway, in spite of my fretting. God’s blessings to all, and to all a great New Year!

6. Pat December 31, 2011 at 12:26 AM #

Wonderful for starting 2012! Remembering that God is still in control. He is and always will be, regardless of what anyone does. Our safety, our security is in Him! Thanks!!!

7. Bonnie House December 31, 2011 at 2:42 AM #

This message is a great way to start the New Year. Thank you for sharing and your site is looking very nice. Bonnie

8. LM December 31, 2011 at 8:32 AM #

Hmm, you could think that was written just for me right now. :) Thanks!

9. Indira, India December 31, 2011 at 10:09 AM #

God bless you for this simple and yet of great valued ‘six needs.’ It is so refreshing, as soon as i read, i started sharing with friends and relatives. May God give you good health and long life, so you will be blessing to us. Unlike before I will start New Year with renewed faith and happiness in my Lord.

10. Mervyn Carapiet December 31, 2011 at 10:42 AM #

I endorse all that you have written to prepare me psycho-spiritually to face and welcome the New Year 2012; and, if you don’t mind, I shall forward the fortifying message to all on my contact list.
    God bless and a Happy New Year.
    United in love and prayer,
    Mervyn Carapiet

11. Cheryl January 1, 2012 at 7:19 PM #

What a wonderful reminder for me

12. Abraham Parangot. January 1, 2012 at 7:37 PM #

Thanks for the message. Believers living in third world countries are to be constantly given courage to suffer for the cause of the Cross. In the midst of Satan’s assault, the leadership in the church is a great concern.
    May the Spirit of risen Christ save His Holy Church.

13. Gayle from Behind the Gate January 1, 2012 at 8:46 PM #

Very well said. I will look back to these words often. These are wonderful words that have brought encouragement to me as I look toward 2012.

14. Virginia Wong (Hong Kong) January 1, 2012 at 8:59 PM #

This email message from God had taken away all my worries for an important crossroad event in my life on 2011 Dec 21 — I now know that I should always have Faith in God.

15. Noli Aro, Philippines January 1, 2012 at 9:05 PM #

Thank you so much for this inspiring & comforting message. These 6 needs as we enter 2012 is a good reminder that we can’t stand the whole year w/o Jesus as our guide and helper.

God bless you!

Noli

16. Veneta January 1, 2012 at 9:41 PM #

This was like a refreshing spring! How gracious of God to let me get a drink on this New Year’s Day. I look forward to more times of refreshing in the meadow.

17. Dottie Morrison January 1, 2012 at 11:03 PM #

what a wonder ful way to start my day…reading the amessage from the meadow. I share this with my very best friend. thank you, Roy . it brightens my days.. Dottie

18. Mimi January 2, 2012 at 2:23 AM #

Thank you!

19. Sue Rodger January 2, 2012 at 2:40 AM #

Thank you for this beautiful reading, how true and relevant for the New Year. It certainly touched me this morning. God is good.

20. Terry & Pat Lampel January 2, 2012 at 2:59 AM #

Great words of challenge, Roy! We’re anticipating great things in this new year from our great God & Savior, Jesus Christ!

21. Chris Samaan January 2, 2012 at 3:29 AM #

Thanks for the great message it will make my year a whole much better god bless happy new year

22. Jim Englert January 2, 2012 at 6:09 AM #

Thank you.

23. Patty Rodriguez January 2, 2012 at 7:25 AM #

Jan. 1, 2012
    Thank you so much for this word for the New Year!! i was praying this afternoon for God to give me Rhema Word..After i read the Scripture: Genesis 28:15 i decided to read my Devotional from Smith Wigglesworth for today and the Scripure Verses were Genesis 28:10-22 and there was that verse 15, i was so excited, because He gave me that Word again to confirm to me that He was truly speaking to me from your Devotional!! Glory to God, He is sooooo Faithful!!!
    Once again, thank you so much for allowing God to use you and i am looking forward to reading more daily Word…
    God Bless you and i pray 2012 will be the “Best Year of your life Roy”!!!

24. Rosanne January 2, 2012 at 9:49 AM #

Inspirational. when everyone is wishing everyone else good fortune etc for the New year you present the wish that really matters … that you trust in God no matter what the future holds.

Thnks and God Bless

25. RIkaR January 2, 2012 at 10:40 AM #

Tks to God for all we need is him alone. Seek his kingdom and his righteousness and everything will be added onto you.

26. Marinalva Sickler January 2, 2012 at 2:08 PM #

I need these reminding points. Ending 2011 and the beginning of 2012 will be unforgetable for me. My husband will face new heart surgery. I’m thanking God for having taking him to the emergency after a New Year’s family gathering. I’m believing God for his recovery. Meet Me in the Meadow is always in my thoughts as priority for refreshing my soul and strenghtening my mind in God’s faithfulness. Thanks Pr. Roy

27. Samuel Johnson Geddam January 2, 2012 at 3:18 PM #

Good words from you Roy Lessin through Mimi Olsen. This part gives it readers to reach or get a blessed life in this New Year 2012.

28. Kim Grous, Connecticut January 2, 2012 at 10:27 PM #

Dear Roy,
    These 6 things are the cry of my heart and mind. To live daily,fully and have it settled He is Faithful. To live in the state of hope and expectation of what He may have for me instead of dread and fear. He loves me totally and completely in spite of myself. He knew what He was getting when He chose me!
    Thank-you so much. I will make sure my eyes fall upon these truths daily. God bless you.

29. Lemuel, Philippines January 3, 2012 at 6:05 AM #

What a great inspiration for a fresh New Year! It all points back to God. Will share these words to as many people as I can. Thank God for your ministry all these years.

30. LILLIAN January 3, 2012 at 7:41 AM #

Thank you, this was said so plainly and completely. God bless you

31. Ugee Nigeria January 5, 2012 at 3:10 AM #

God bless you, Roy. He spoke to me thru you. Keep up the good work!

32. Toni Lee January 6, 2012 at 2:55 AM #

Thank you for these putting these 6 excellent needs points on your email, it’s what I needed to read and take on today in my life. I pray that I will be able to take these into my life to live the way God wants me to. As all of us we have things that hold us down, I don’t want this, thanks again. God Bless your team.

33. Ruth January 7, 2012 at 6:23 AM #

Very encouraged ,,, thank you.

34. Cony DReyes January 7, 2012 at 9:23 PM #

Thanks for all the inspiring notes you have posted. I always share them to my friends. These ‘Six needs…’ reiterate the one most important thing we must do in life… that we must always put God first and in the center of our lives. God bless you always…

35. Chrissie Wallhouse January 9, 2012 at 5:17 PM #

I have only just picked up this email,as it was posted into my junk mail! I have been so encouraged by these words and scriptures. It caused me to focus on the only One who knows my future and that of my loved ones; to hand over my doubts and fears, and to place everything and every day totally in His hands. This is the only way to true peace of mind and heart.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks:

1. What Lies Ahead | Kate Wicker - January 2, 2012

[...] a beautiful New Year’s devotional I read this weekend reminds us, “What you do need to know about the future is not what is [...]