September 21, 2012

Be Still and know that I AM GOD. Psalm 46:10, Part 4 of 4

Be Still and know that I AM GOD. Psalm 46:10

Be:

Be” is reality!

My true spiritual condition, now, not one day when I get to heaven. How I am and who I am on the inside—not how I wish I was or how I pretend to be. How I function in the inner-man; how I respond to things happening around me; how I evaluate my priorities, how I approach my responsibilities.

“Be” is the present state of my heart, the attitude of my mind, the choice of my will. “Be” is the fruit of my faith….surrendered to God, trusting His word, receiving His grace, seeking His glory.

Still:

Be still!

Not—be afraid, be frustrated, be exasperated, be perplexed, be confused. Still with Him, still in Him, still before Him, still through Him, still because of Him.

Quiet. Meek. Hushed. Expectant. Faithful. Surrendered. Ready. Attentive. Willing. Watching. Listening for His voice. Resting in His love. Gazing upon His beauty. Beholding His face.

Not—restless, pacing, fretting, anxious. Still in my plans, still in my work, still in my schedule, still as I wait before Him with a quiet heart.

Still with expectancy, still with thanksgiving, still with worship, still with praise.

Know:

“Know” is the assurance of faith, the nearness of His presence, the communion of His Spirit, the sweetness of His fellowship.

No guessing. No wishing. No, “I think so?” No, “I hope so.”

To “Know” is to know that you know.

Know Him! Know His character; know His nature; know His word; know His voice; know His heart; know His mind; know His will; know His kingdom; know His love.

Know Him through relationship, know Him through companionship, know Him through ownership. Know the heights of His grace, the depths of His compassion, and the breadth of His mercies.

I Am God:

“God!” Not the “The man upstairs” but the Lord God Almighty! Elohiym. Adonai. Yahweh. El Shaddai. The great I Am!

Creator God. God of the universe. Maker of heaven and earth. God of the stars. God your maker. God of your heartbeat, God of your breath, God of your strength, God of your moments, God of your days, God of all your tomorrows.

God on the throne. God in control. God the King. God of the kingdom. God the Mighty Warrior. God of the Word. God of light, God of truth, God of goodness, God of holiness, God of love. Your God.

Be still in your knowing, be still in your being, be still in your God. You will not be shaken, you will not be moved, you will not be forsaken. Be still in His peace. Be still He in comfort. Be still in His hope. Be still in His love.

Comments:

16 Responses to “Be Still and know that I AM GOD. Psalm 46:10, Part 4 of 4”

1. Tamara Rue (Tammy Cloreace) September 21, 2012 at 10:40 AM #

Thanks so much for this reminder! I have never read this passage insight like this before! In other words, to really dialogue with someone about this passage!

Thanks so much! I love this and print it for my sabbath moment!

Blessings and Love in Christ,
    Tamara (aka Tammy)

2. kay bishop September 21, 2012 at 3:02 PM #

I am so blessed by your wonderful, insightful devotionals. This one especially touched my heart and I printed it out to keep.

I often want to print your messages and have a request regarding the printing. Would it be possible to have a printer friendly version so we do not have to use so much colored printer ink when printing the text? Just a thought from a devoted reader.

Thanks, Kay

• Mandy September 24, 2012 at 8:54 AM #

Hi Kay,
      There actually is way to print each post without using colored ink. If you go directly to the post you’d like to print, you’ll see a “print” button right above the title to the right. This will open the post in a new window and allow you to print. If there is a picture included in the post that you would not like to be printed (and use colored ink) you can delete the photo before printing. Just hover over the photo with your mouse and you’ll see a “click to delete” button.

I hope that helps!

Thanks,
      Mandy

3. Terry & Pat Lampel September 21, 2012 at 3:14 PM #

Good stuff, Roy! Really appreciate you giving us these in-depth looks which helps us better comprehend the Word.

4. Sarah Johnson September 21, 2012 at 7:36 PM #

How awesome is our GOD and HIS WORD!! This has long been my favorite verse and I love how you broke it down. I receive your devotions daily and cannot tell you enough how much they mean to me. Bless you, Bless you, Bless you!!

In Love and Grace,
    Sarah

5. Ruth Low September 21, 2012 at 9:07 PM #

Thank you for your insights of this verse. I’ve shared it with my family and friends.

The Lord bless you and your work for Him.

ruth

6. Debbie September 23, 2012 at 7:46 AM #

How reassuring this is! Thank you for going through each word of this Scripture verse. I think I needed to be reminded of this today.

Blessings and love,
    Debbie

7. Karen Garland September 23, 2012 at 10:59 AM #

I love how this is broken down in to be, still, know, that I am God.
    I was still and read and absorbed all I could get.

8. Dorothy September 24, 2012 at 4:22 AM #

I was browsing in a Christian book shop about two weeks ago looking for something to read,after going back and forth between bookstands my final stop was at the stand dedicated to devotional reading. Your book “Meet Me In The Meadow” caught my eye and so did another but I believe the Lord lead me to purchase your book, after a quick scan through. I had being going through some rough period at work and needed a spiritual uplift so when I got home and turned to the devotion for that day I gasped because the reading for that day began with the heading “God is For You” revealing God’s care during these circumstances.

I would recommend this book to anyone who has not read it.

9. Darlene Wiggins September 24, 2012 at 7:01 AM #

Thanks for the reminder and the inspiration. Entire post is beautiful- I love these words: “God of your moments”, Truely, God is omnipresent -in every moment that was, is, and shall be. God bless you in all that you do.

10. karyn September 24, 2012 at 7:39 AM #

yeah
    wonderful insight into this verse
    love it
    be still and know that HE is God
    amen amen and amen
    I’ve to put it into practice, right

11. Dedra September 24, 2012 at 9:17 AM #

This is wonderful! I love how you expressed this passage of scripture. Truly value blessing.

12. Michael Mutale September 24, 2012 at 12:11 PM #

This is such a powerful and rich exposition of this wonderful page. I could not help but share with friends on Facebook.

13. Diana Stiles September 25, 2012 at 2:09 AM #

This Psalm is my life verse…Be Still and KNOW that I AM GOD….knowing HIM is having a real relationship with our most Sovereign God..Our Abba Daddy..sitting quietly before Him to hear His voice…Thank you for the way that you have laid this out so beautifully, so clearly…It is even more special to me now…

14. Jennifer November 21, 2012 at 6:48 PM #

Thank you so much for disecting this verse so clearly. Over the past two weeks I kept hearing the Holy Spirit saying to ‘Be Still and Know that I am God’. Iam so blessed Thank you so much

15. Loretta Soto May 16, 2014 at 10:28 PM #

Such Beauty, and Love from Our Heavenly Father, who Loves Us Just for Us.
    I needed this tonight! My heart’s been heavy my mind been all over the place. I love the Lord God with every breath I take.

Sitting still and listen to the voice of Our Heavenly Father.
    I sit still and look into the Heavenly Sky the Heavens above, Reaching my hand up high, Just to touch His Holy Hand.
    Knowing I don’t need to stretch my hand to high, My Father God has held my hand since birth.

No one around me, lonely at times. But Jesus always here to guide me.
    He love’s me like no other, What more could I ask for?