October 12, 2012

The Joy of being Forgiven: Loved with Everlasting Love

Today begins a new series of postings called The Joy of Being Forgiven.

There are three main reasons for this series:

1. To help those who are burdened by sin to enter into the joy of being forgiven.
  2. To remind those who have been forgiven to live each day in thankfulness for the gift of His forgiveness and the joy it has brought your heart.
  3. To provide for those who know the joy of being forgiven, a way for them to share the message of God’s forgiveness with others.

Please feel free to print out these postings or share them online as the Lord may lead you.

Loved with Everlasting Love

Jesus loves you as no one ever could. His suffering, His sacrifice, His death, and His resurrection demonstrate that love. When you look at the cross you will never need to question if He loves you.

He came for you, He died for you, He lives for you.

When you look at His shed blood you will never need to question how much He cares for you. What a tremendous price He has paid for you, more than all the riches, of all the kingdoms, in all the world. It is because of Jesus’ shed blood that we can be forgiven and know the joy of that forgiveness each day.

Darkness

Sin brings darkness. It is the world of darkness within us that the light of Jesus Christ seeks to invade.

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ. To open their eyes, and  to turn them  from darkness to light, and from  the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me. Through the tender mercy of our God; whereby the DaySpring from on high hath visited us, to give light to them that sit in darkness and in  the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

1 John 1:5, 2 Corinthians 4:6, Acts 26:18, Luke 1:78, Luke 1:79

Spiritual darkness is the presence of sin and the absence of truth in our hearts and lives. We can have an education and still be in darkness. We can study philosophy and religion and still be in darkness. We can go to church or do social work in our community and still be in darkness. We can be sincere or be tolerant of others and what they believe and still be in darkness.

Darkness is deception, keeping us from the knowledge of God; Darkness is separation, keeping us from the fellowship of God; darkness is isolation keeping us from the presence of God.

Darkness is something we should treat as an enemy, yet many treat as a friend. We like darkness because we feel it hides us from being exposed for who we really are. The sin in us runs deep. The darkness is our cloak and covering from being found out.

Jesus seeks us out in our darkness. Although we may be hiding from Him, He is not hiding from us. He is standing near us—clothed with white garments…covered with glory…reaching out with arms of mercy…inviting us into the marvelous light of His forgiveness and love.

Lord, deliver me from the darkness of my own way. Place Your truth within me so that I may know You and Your ways. I want to come out of my hiding and walk with You in Your light. I know that nothing is hidden from You and that You know me inside and out. I let go of every lie and deception that has kept me from You. Thank You that You can take me from the kingdom of darkness and place me into the kingdom of light. I welcome Your light and love into my life.

Comments:

12 Responses to “The Joy of being Forgiven: Loved with Everlasting Love”

1. Carol Gillentine October 12, 2012 at 11:03 AM #

Dear Pastor Lessin,
    I want you to know that I not only love your e-mail devotionals but I print them out and mail them to a couple of young gals who are in prison. They are so hungry for God’s Word and appication.
    Thank you for sharing Jesus with so many people.
    Blessings,
    Carol

2. Debbie October 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM #

Forgiveness is so important . ..a lifestyle. Thank you for this series on it! :) God bless you and bring you joy!

• Alice October 13, 2012 at 9:43 AM #

Just beautiful and perfectly worded! Touched my heart! Thank you so much for sharing and all you do for others. You will never know how many lives your words have saved! What a wonderful gift God has given you! Blessings to you!

3. Ingrid October 15, 2012 at 4:46 AM #

I so needed this message this morning. It reaffirms my faith and shows that GOD truly loves me. Thank GOD his ways are not my ways and he does not judge by human standards.

4. Little Jack October 15, 2012 at 6:52 AM #

Jesus forgave each one of us for our sins 2,000 years ago. While we are still sinners He has already Forgiven each one of us. When He died for us on the Cross our slate of sin was wiped clean by His Blood. His Forgiveness is there waiting for each one of us. All we have to do is open our hearts and receive it. It took me more than 50 years to open my heart and receive His Forgiveness.

• Ana Cecilia Barragán October 15, 2012 at 12:00 PM #

I bless you and give thanks for your dedication, study and the encouragement you give to all those who read your messages. I pray that all those around the world that still don´t know nor have received Jesus as their Lord, will be moved to read all your wonderful messages that change lives, circumstances and bring LIGHT and LIFE to their lives.

5. Annamae October 15, 2012 at 1:22 PM #

I as well have enjoyed reading all that God gives you to share. I also forward the messages to a co-worker. God bless you and your family. I have a computer wallpaper “Everlasting Love” done by your son.

6. christina October 15, 2012 at 3:01 PM #

I thank you for your word of encouragement each day.you are a blessing to each and every one that hears the WORD Of GOD, THANK GOD I”M A CHILD OF THE KING,thank you for your devotion.

7. Terry & Pat Lampel October 15, 2012 at 5:06 PM #

Roy, we’re looking forward to this series–very much needed in these days. Curiously, Pat & I are re-reading Philip Yancey’s book What’s So Amazing About Grace, (c) 1997… right on your theme! THanks for keeping us in the Word!

8. Phoebe October 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM #

America is living in a darkness not know to her before. I pray that the light of truth will expose the plans made in darkness to destroy America’s Christian Heritage. Thank you for reassuring us that the light of God and truth expose and scatter the darkness. Praying that this election America will awaken and choose Godly leaders.

9. Christy October 16, 2012 at 8:15 AM #

Thank you so much for your rich words of hope and grace. I am coming out of a very dark place in my life. Though a believer for many years, through some past, deep emotional wounds and then being taken captive by lies from the enemy, I have been fighting to get back to the Light. God is faithful (2Thess 3:3) and is using wise words of truth like you have shared and a wonderful pastor/author named Neil Anderson to assist in the journey. Also, I’m doing the Bible Study, “Experiencing God” that is helping me to see, as you shared, how much the Father/Son loves us and pursues a love relationship with us.

10. Karen October 22, 2012 at 12:42 PM #

“Meet Me in the Meadow” has such wisdom I take the time to read and always find something to hold on to. I pray with a clear conscious the darkness stays at a distance and that I may help where ever the Lord leads me. I work in addiction counseling and pray for wisdom.