November 14, 2012

Rescued

When we were in a horrible pit and our feet ensnared in miry clay, we needed a hand powerful enough to pull us out.

When we were stained by sin that soiled every aspect of our nature, we needed a cleansing agent potent enough to purify us and wash us clean.

When we were lost, without direction, stumbling about in the darkness, and not knowing where to turn, we needed a light for our pathway and a guide to direct our steps.

When we were confused, perplexed, frustrated, anxious, worried, and fearful, we needed to hear the voice of peace, the voice of hope, and the voice of promise saying, “I am the way.”

When we were bound by Satan’s deceit and deception, held captive by his accusations, and oppressed by his evil working, we needed a redeemer who was mighty enough to set us free from the enemy’s enslavement.

When we were dead in our trespasses, without God, under condemnation, and without hope in this world, we needed life—eternal life—entering in to our innermost being to make all things new.

That hand, that purity, that light, that guide, that voice, that redemption, that life is Jesus Christ!

In Him we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins, according to the riches of His grace. Ephesians 1:7 NKJV

Comments:

6 Responses to “Rescued”

1. Hortensia November 14, 2012 at 10:30 AM #

What a wonderful and refreshing word!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I really need that assurance!
    May God bless you all!

2. Betty I. Ross November 14, 2012 at 12:00 PM #

Thank you. That reading was one of the best , for where I am that, I have read in a long time. Thank you for being sensitive to His Voice and Spirit and encouraging each of us. I appreciate your words so very much. May God continue to use you and glorify Himself with His words and yours.

3. Cynthia November 14, 2012 at 2:16 PM #

My initial reaction to this wonderful encouraging truth is to shout to the highest mountains tops and into the depths of the seas the everlasting mercy of the Lord Jesus Christ, as He took our sins, (every one of them) on Himself.

4. karyn November 19, 2012 at 5:18 AM #

Wow. Like that’s the real pit deal.
    Yes, JESUS the the only way the TRUTH and the Life. HE is the only answer to our Father who is in heaven.

5. Petunia November 19, 2012 at 5:37 AM #

God is extremely good beyond our understanding. Thank you for reminding me of His love, His compassion, His patience in dealing with me, in reassuring me that He will always be there and I will make it through this 8 years spell of misfortune

6. Ann Buie November 19, 2012 at 7:15 PM #

Reading your devotions,are a breath of life.I’m forever,touched by them.you are truly blessed by God.sooo! Much wisdom.God,bless you Roy..