January 1, 2013

A New Year’s Benediction

A New Year's Benediction

A New Year’s Benediction

May the coming year be one of increased riches of grace—hearing His voice more clearly, knowing His heart more deeply, resting in His love more fully, trusting His care more completely, walking His pathway more peacefully, knowing His presence more intimately, blessed by His goodness more abundantly.

And in all things, may you know the shalom peace of God—encouraging you to move forward, empowering you to boldly take each step, greeting you as you turn a new corner, calming your heartbeat as you walk through dark valleys, softening each footstep as you climb rugged mountains, and increasing your courage as you follow your Shepherd wherever He leads.

You crown the year with a bountiful harvest; even the hard pathways overflow with abundance. The grasslands of the wilderness become a lush pasture, and the hillsides blossom with joy. Psalm 65:11-12 NLT

This post originally featured on January 2, 2012 here.

Comments:

12 Responses to “A New Year’s Benediction”

1. Marinalva Sickler January 1, 2013 at 2:25 PM #

What a blessed way to begin 2013! I just got the response of the quest for my resolutions – I want more deeply know the Lord and rest in His presence! Thanks pastor Roy

• Ann January 6, 2013 at 8:36 AM #

AMEN and AMEN Marinalva

2. karyn January 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM #

Amen.

3. Chris January 6, 2013 at 9:34 AM #

A very beautiful prayer. I’m blessed

4. Kathy January 6, 2013 at 9:54 AM #

This is my prayer for 2013

5. Joyce January 6, 2013 at 11:38 AM #

Your words of faith are so inspiring and challenging. Thank you for enriching the beginning of 2013 for me and my family! God Bless You!

6. Phyllis Beshell January 6, 2013 at 1:06 PM #

Your New Year prayer is beautiful and we can read and reread to give us hope and strength. Thanks and A men

7. Christina S January 6, 2013 at 10:58 PM #

I want to thank you for the benediction and scriture. I was just talking of the path I have been walking and as I have walked my journeys path I felt like I am constantly tripping. However I am comitted to getting up and dusting myself off and going towards the Lord. I was feeling just now how that has left me feeling like I never arrive. And reflecting my life like I have never arrive. The person that I was writting this to prompted us to do something with our hands. And… in that moment…I saw my hand and I placed it on His. Before today, I never saw anyone on that path with me…its going to be wonderful to walk with Him. I am looking forward to it. Which has lead me to here minutes later… A warm filled Word and greeting. I am delighted….and Thank you.

8. ann buie January 7, 2013 at 7:35 AM #

I declared this prayer for my walk in with Jesus…

9. Eileen January 7, 2013 at 11:02 AM #

Thank you my Savior for your awesome presence and your amazing love. May this my prayer this new year and always. Love you my God.

10. Caroline January 10, 2013 at 11:48 AM #

I am very much touched and blessed by this wonderful benediction. May God bless all those who read it. God be with us and guide us in His path.

11. gloria January 15, 2013 at 1:52 PM #

this is inspiring, i will claim this for 2013.god bless you!