January 11, 2013

My “I Am Not” List

Then you will be a beautiful crown in the hand of the Lord, a royal crown in the hand of your God. You will no longer be called Deserted, and your land will no longer be called Destroyed. But you will be named My Delight, and your land will be named Married. Isaiah 62:3-4 GW

Those who know the Lord can sometimes struggle with the accusing and condemning thoughts of the Enemy. As the Accuser of the Brethren, Satan attempts to convince us, through his lies, that God is against us and we have been separated from God and abandoned by Him.

We must not give Satan any ground in our thinking. Each day, it is important for us to know the truth, believe the truth, and proclaim the truth. As God’s child, one who is accepted in the Beloved, here is a list of truths you can proclaim today!

Today, Because of Christ, I Am Not—

Deserted—John 14:18
Uncared for—1 Peter 5:7
Unprotected—Psalm 3:3
Unwanted—Luke 19:10
Unknown—Isaiah 43:1
Unloved—Jeremiah 31:3

Comments:

10 Responses to “My “I Am Not” List”

1. Shannon January 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM #

I needed this today. Can’t wait to get home from work and look up each verse. After reading through the list, I can express that I’m feeling desolate and unprotected right now. This time yesterday, I knew I felt “bad” but couldn’t name the emotions involved in that feeling.

Thank you so much.

2. Janet January 11, 2013 at 10:36 AM #

Hallelujah and Amen! Thank you Jesus!

3. Pearl January 11, 2013 at 10:58 AM #

Your devotionals have been such a beautiful blessing to my life. Papa’s Love reminders for me.
    I thank Him everytime I think of you. Thank you for your love for Our God and for sharing WISDOM with the world<3

4. Kathy @ In Quiet Places January 11, 2013 at 11:25 AM #

Oh these beautiful truths lift my heart today!

5. Sean January 11, 2013 at 3:36 PM #

My ‘I Am’ List:

I am Saved
    I am Successful
    I am Perfect
    Even it appears impossible we still can be perfect because of the grace of God. Matthew 5:48 http://www.truegospel.com/beperfect.html
    I am Victorious
    I am the Head and not the Tail
    I am Happy
    I am Joyous
    I am Free
    “Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.” John 8:36

• Becky Neville January 15, 2013 at 8:29 AM #

This is a great list. I think I’ll copy it and post it in my kitchen. Thanks!

• Barbara Shannon January 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM #

Change concurer to conqueror

6. Beverly Martin January 11, 2013 at 7:05 PM #

Some times I feel that I am not any of those that are lited. But I believe in Jesus Christ and that He love me.

7. Maysel Vogler January 12, 2013 at 7:43 AM #

Only eternity will show how many lives you have blessed with your writing. I’m telling you right now though, I am one of them. I often forward your e-mail to others so there will be many you don’t know about here who will be on the list there. God bless you Mr. Lessin.
    Hebrews 13:20-21 Maysel Vogler

8. karyn January 14, 2013 at 4:07 AM #

Lovely lists church. Worth posting on my facebook page.