January 21, 2013

Our Help, Part 1

(Based upon Psalm 121)

I lift up my eyes to the hills–from where will my help come?

The road of life is tough, and the need for help continues to grow deeper as pressures and difficulties increase in the ever changing world through which we are traveling.

The places people are looking to in this world fail to meet the needs of life and the deepest needs of the heart. Nothing in the world is secure. Things are changing every day. How can people be helped in these times of so much uncertainty?

My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.

God is the only true helper and the true source of our help. Nothing about His promises are empty—He not only knows our needs, but He provides; He not only listens to our calls for help, but He answers; He not only sees our tears, but He dries them; He not only is acquainted with our burdens, but He lifts them.

Comments:

13 Responses to “Our Help, Part 1”

1. ann buie January 21, 2013 at 5:13 AM #

What an awesome,blessing this morning to know.you’ve always been a blessing in my life.thank you man of God.

2. Joy January 21, 2013 at 8:48 AM #

God is our only help!!! That’s so true.

3. Mary Noel January 21, 2013 at 9:15 AM #

I have been dealing with depression since a child and now that I am retirement age——I have been hit with a new type of ‘mental illness’ that isn’t responding to any medication yet. What a blessing to be reminded that my help is coming from the God who made heaven AND earth!!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you for the verse I will carry through!!

4. Sunson Veronica January 21, 2013 at 10:52 AM #

I wanted to get help to do something. But the help was not from people but from meditating this devotional Words. I was much helped. Thanks to this devotionals, I can be free from worry and other things. The Lord made me and when I need any help. I must get help from Him.
    Thank ROY to send me these verses!
    I lift up my eyes to the hills–from where will my help come?
    My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth.
    Thank you so much!!

5. Chris Bridges January 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM #

Thank you so much for all of your teachings. They seem to always fit whatever situation I’m going through when I read them. Thank you for letting God work in and through you. I was just thinking of my children and how sorry I am for the what they went through growing up. I thought, that’s in the past, yes, I’m sorry,. We can’t live in the past. It’s gone and can’t be brought back. We need to go forward and make things good. God is my helper, my Father. Only God can make things right. Thank yo, Thank you, Thank you so very much for all you do. May the windows of Heaven Pour out many Blessings upon you day and night. God Bless you

• Chris Bridges January 21, 2013 at 1:32 PM #

Forgive and forget. Life is so full of GOD. Life is so beautiful because of GOD.

6. Laurie Walsh January 21, 2013 at 2:10 PM #

thank you! This came in so handy for a friend who is suffering…

7. Pauline January 21, 2013 at 2:44 PM #

Thank you so much for a word in season. The very means our Lord uses to help us on the way.
    Every blessing in Him

8. Laurie January 21, 2013 at 3:37 PM #

What a tremendous blessing this is! Thank you for the reminder of the awesome goodness of our Father!

9. karyn January 21, 2013 at 5:44 PM #

I love this verse in the bible. Psalm 121 – my help comes from the LORD. How often HE has answered my prayers. How very often HIMSELF. So true this verse I’ve found.

10. Sherrey Meyer January 21, 2013 at 10:25 PM #

Powerful message in this devotional. Thank you as always!

11. Gaye Cochrane January 23, 2013 at 10:55 AM #

He is my only true source of help! Praise God, He knows me and knows what I need, when I need it, and how I need it! I praise You, LORD, for reminding me of this great attribute of You…my Helper! I am humbled by Your Presence in my life!

12. norma reed March 15, 2014 at 7:06 AM #

I will bless the Lord at all times his praise shall continually be in my mouth He has delivered me from all fear he has set my feet upon a rock and I’ll say of the Lord He is my strenght my fortess my deliverer my very present help in time of need.