January 25, 2013

Our Help, Part 3

(Based upon Psalm 121)

Three More Key Ways God Encourages Us through His Help

1. The sun shall not strike you by day, nor the moon by night.

PROTECTION:

We need to know we are protected through the storms of life and that we will not be destroyed by the hard things we face. God is greater than any circumstance, thing, or person we face. He is the shade we need from the noonday sun and the hiding place we need when we sense our weakness and vulnerability. God has never lost a battle and He will never fail.

2. The LORD will keep you from all evil; He will keep your life.

SECURITY:

We need to know we are in a place that is safe and secure. Our security in the Lord means that we never have to abandon our trust. We are in a place where trust will never be broken, and in a place where victory is sure. The attacks of evil can be strong and abundant, but they are no match for the King of glory and the Lord of life. His great power is not far off in a distant land beyond our grasp, but His great power is within us, and His power is greater than anything we face.

3. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time on and forevermore.

RELATIONSHIP:

We need the acceptance that is found in a loving relationship with someone who will be faithful to us. God is forever faithful and does not change. He brings us into His appointed place and sends us out to walk with Him each day. He not only sends us out, but He leads us out—going with us every step of the way. From now and into eternity, God, our loving Father, our constant companion, and our forever Friend will be our fulfillment, our purpose, and our hope.

Comments:

10 Responses to “Our Help, Part 3”

1. Kathy C. January 25, 2013 at 8:14 AM #

Immeasurably grateful for God’s leading, to know this gives me peace and strength for each day.

2. Sandra Crittenden January 25, 2013 at 10:57 AM #

Just AMEN AND AMEN!!!!

3. Margaret January 25, 2013 at 11:48 AM #

Praise the Lord for the assurance that He is sufficient to grant His Own the much desired peace under any circumstance. I have forwarded to my children and loved ones to reassure them of God’s unfailing promises.

Thank you and God bless.

Margaret

4. Elena January 25, 2013 at 3:52 PM #

Truly grateful for this particular devotional. Since 2005 we have been facing numerous trials & it seems too much too bare then we are reminded thru these writings that God is with us. My husband & I have gone thru cancer scares, heart issues, family deaths, his only son & my Mother, 2 brothers etc. , yet life goes on.

• Peggy January 28, 2013 at 5:21 AM #

Thank you so much for sharing your life & thoughts. Just reading your short post, gives me hope & helps me put things into persepctive…that no matter what… God is there & will walk us thru anything. He make not keep us from experiencing all that goes on in life, some major diffuiclut times, but He is there & gives us strength to get thru regardless.. He is there! I soo needed to read this today. Thank you so very much. I am encouraged to keep on going & relying on Him!

5. ann buie January 28, 2013 at 4:06 AM #

So good to know!! Amen

6. karyn January 28, 2013 at 4:07 AM #

Thank YOU LORD JESUS for THY everlasting faithfulness to me.

7. Valsa January 28, 2013 at 8:12 AM #

Only this assurance has led and will lead me on.

8. Judy January 28, 2013 at 11:25 AM #

thank you, this is so what was needed for today……!!!!

9. Linda January 28, 2013 at 3:40 PM #

Thank you so much for your encouraging words — very timely!

May God richly bless you.