February 4, 2013

Great Quotes

He flings the stars into space and speaks in thunder and lightning. He paints the sunset with a brush dipped in flaming light. He stoops to put the perfume in the rose and the sheen on the lily, but His greatest greatness is love. So deep is the tenderness of His infinite love that as I gaze up into His face I find that He is touched, and His face is even as the face of a mother whose whole heart goes out in compassion to her suffering child.

Ah, that is the kind of God I need! For I am like the woman who came into the pastor’s study and asked, “Is there any one here who has a broken heart who can talk to me?” thank God, there is! As I look at the cross I know that He cares. –Anna J. Lindgren

Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. Hebrews 4:14-15 NKJV

Comments:

9 Responses to “Great Quotes”

1. Shandra February 4, 2013 at 7:41 AM #

Thank you for this beautiful reminder. Comforting to my broken heart.

2. Ruth February 4, 2013 at 12:27 PM #

wonderful healing words.

3. Audi February 4, 2013 at 12:32 PM #

I read this after I read the one on unbelief. Thank you It brought tears to my eyes.

4. Terry & Pat Lampel February 4, 2013 at 4:13 PM #

Amen

5. Maria February 4, 2013 at 11:32 PM #

I am literally a woman who walked into my Pastor’s office, twelve hours earlier, seeking counsel for my broken heart. A friend sent this to me who knows nothing about my situation. How miraculous is that?!

• Shirley February 5, 2013 at 8:55 AM #

Remember: Our loving God and Father has prepared a place for you to hear His voice in your circumstances. He has gone ahead and made a way to meet your needs, He is behind keeping you safe….and His banner over you is love, flying high and cheering you on. May our God of Hope fill you with all peace and joy in believing Him, learning His ways, trusting and leaning on His everlasting arms so that in the end you may be able to say as the Psalmist: “It was good that I was afflicted that I may KNOW….”. Never alone, never forsaken and because of the nail prints in Jesus’ hands, you and your circumstances are always before Him. May you feel His loving comfort and His encouragement saying come, seek, ask and find. May the exceeding abundantly more than you can think be yours as you walk hand in hand with your Savior.

6. Marinalva Sickler February 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM #

Comfort and peace! thank you, Pastor! I’m in God’s care at this season of my life! I don’t even know how I’m getting through it.

7. ann buie February 6, 2013 at 9:00 AM #

I’m so glad that he loves me.thank you so much of the work you do for God,to minister to His people.

8. Jo Anne Brewer February 6, 2013 at 4:34 PM #

Thankyou for this uplifting thought. I have many times experienced the wonderful awareness that when noone seems to care how I feel, Jesus is there and cares.