February 8, 2013

Pray this…

Pray this…

Prayer before you speak:

Father, guide my thoughts before they become my words. Place a guard over my mouth and a watchman over the door of my lips.

When I open my mouth, I ask You to fill it with right words, good words, true words, loving words—words that will point the way to Your heart. May my words be acceptable and pleasing to You as You hear their sound and know the intent behind them.

Use my words this day to heal and not harm, to restore and not separate, to extend mercy and not judgment, to build up and not pull down, to comfort and not injure, to bring sunlight and not shadows, to encourage and not quench, to mend and not wound.

May my words herald good news, be seasoned with salt, and bring grace to the hearer.

If I am to speak correction, may it be with compassion; if I am to exhort, may it be with humility; If I am to instruct, may it be with brokenness; if I am to guide, may it be with wisdom; if I am to inform, may it be with clarity; if I am to counsel, may it be according to Your word.

Guard my tongue from murmuring and my voice from complaint. In all things, may my mouth be filled with words of gratitude, expressions of praise, and proclamations of Your faithfulness.

Scriptures: Exodus 4:15, Psalm 19:14, Psalm 141:3, 2 Timothy 2:14-15, 24-25, 1 Peter 4:11, Colossians 3:15, 4:6

Comments:

15 Responses to “Pray this…”

1. Cmustian February 8, 2013 at 7:25 AM #

I would like to add: Philippians 4:8-9:
    “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me—practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.

Thank you for your prayer! Godspeed!

2. Joyce Simmons February 8, 2013 at 10:34 AM #

OH did this speak to our hearts this morning!!
    It will be printed out and placed on our refrigerator.
    Thanks CMustain for the added scripture reinforcement.

3. debbie white February 8, 2013 at 11:02 AM #

Thank you so much for these scriptures, every day they bless me some more than others but I have to say this one is so good, it will be on my refrigerator too! God bless you.@

4. Jan Bennett February 8, 2013 at 1:18 PM #

This is excellent advice to read every morning! I’ve printed out 2 copies, one for me and one for my husband. I’m so grateful for Roy’s ministry. And I love his books.

5. LM February 8, 2013 at 5:04 PM #

I could use that today. Thanks.

6. Ruby February 8, 2013 at 5:29 PM #

PRAISE GOD!!
    God has been teaching my husband and I about the “power of words”! This lines up with what He has been speaking to us and we intend on using this as a gentle reminder everyday. This is an outline to learn how to speak words of life and not death! God says we have that power in our tongues. With this, our tongues will be in boot camp for training. God Bless you for sharing the wisdom God pours into you

7. Annie February 9, 2013 at 4:31 AM #

Thanks so much from this teaching! I have read now twice Joyce Meyer’s book “Me and my big mouth”. It really is so important to learn how to speak and realize the power of words. So thank you and may God bless you all.

8. Judy Fuller February 9, 2013 at 7:30 AM #

Thank you for your devotional today.Excellent wisdom and knowledge and touches how I need to live everyday so people can see Christ in me and the Kingdom of God.Thank you for your prayers.

9. Natalie February 11, 2013 at 12:08 AM #

Amen!
    Love this.

10. karyn February 11, 2013 at 9:00 AM #

Nice.

11. Aileen Teo February 11, 2013 at 9:26 AM #

Yes, LORD, this is my prayer. AMEN!!!

12. Aileen Teo February 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM #

AMEN!!!

13. Andrea February 12, 2013 at 8:34 AM #

Great word! I pray that I can use my mouth to bless others, to lift up and bring glory to God Thanks

14. InDai Lara February 17, 2013 at 1:03 AM #

Thank you for this prayer..this will be my daily guide in my walk with Jesus so that I will not stumble from every temptation along the way in my life here on earth. God bless you..

• Luma.Berlin February 17, 2013 at 7:44 PM #

Ya, may my mouth be filled with the words of gratitude and wisdom.
      This is my prayer too.