February 11, 2013

Under His Wings

He will cover you with His feathers; you will take refuge under His wings. His faithfulness will be a protective shield. Psalm 91:4 HCSB

May you receive a full reward from the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings you have come for refuge. Ruth 2:12 HCSB

Being under His wings means being close to His heart—you are not only sheltered, you are loved; you are not only secure, you are cared for; you are not only covered, you are reassured.

Comments:

10 Responses to “Under His Wings”

1. Julie February 11, 2013 at 7:31 AM #

I know the truth of these words but do not feel them right now.

• Olivia February 11, 2013 at 10:15 AM #

Julie, I understand exactly what you mean. I feel the same also.

2. Joyce Simmons February 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM #

Julie,
    I’m praying for you. I know that feeling all too well.
    Since 2006 I’ve been a lover of American Bald Eagles and watching their nests live.
    God’s Word speaks so often of eagles and ” eagles wings”. Psalm 91:4 became my verse of comfort when in 2006 I suffered with shingles to the point of death.

One thing we know and can rest assured, God will never forsake us, even when we feel forsaken. Feelings and truth are often so very far apart.

• Deb February 12, 2013 at 9:39 AM #

well said Joyce….and Julie I identify with and understand where you are at…remember God’s first question to man in His Word was Where are you? Rest assured He knows who we are….we are the daughters are the Most High…we are blessed and highly favored.

3. pat February 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM #

Oh, how I needed this today….THANK YOU!!!

4. Sandra Crittenden February 11, 2013 at 10:43 AM #

JUST THANK YOU LORD HEART OF MINE!!!!

5. Terry & Pat Lampel February 11, 2013 at 4:01 PM #

Thanks Roy… nice image! Found this little quote, along wt Ps 63.7: When man views his own circumstances,
    he is given to despair;
    when he views God’s deliverance,
    he is given to praise.
    The difference is his vision of God.

6. Sunson Veronica February 11, 2013 at 7:02 PM #

Thanks Roy for assuring me I am under His wings. Thanks to your devotionals with good photos, I feel so happy to have time to meditate devotionals. I meditate not only today’s devotional but also last year’s devotionals. I feel grateful to meet this devotionals with Roy.
    That is the blessing gift from God this year. I can feel Him.

7. Luma.Berlin February 12, 2013 at 9:31 AM #

Woooooow

8. Becky Smith February 12, 2013 at 12:32 PM #

Whenever I see these verses, I think of the old hymn:

Under His wings I am safely abiding,
    Tho the night deepens and tempests are wild,
    Still I can trust Him, I know He will keep me,
    He has redeemed me and I am His child.
    Under His wings, Under His wings
    Who from His love can sever?
    Under His wings my soul shall abide
    Safely abide forever.

When we stand on His promises, we can rest in His love. What helps me is to think of heaven and thank God that in heaven I won’t have to bear these burdens, sorrows, pain, or any of these earthly things. They will all be replaced with heavenly things but how wonderful to know His promise to never leave us alone. We have the very Spirit of God within us and the Word of God to guide us which is the very best that He could do for us in this world — that is not our home. How I thank Him for all that He has done for me! May your hearts be lifted up.