February 25, 2013

Waiting

The plan of God, the will of God, the purposes of God, and the answers of God don’t come to us all at once, even though they are all in His heart for us now. The mindset of the world might be “I want it, and I want it now” but the mindset of the world is not the mindset of the kingdom of God.

It is important for us to place everything that concerns us into His hands, and leave them there… it is here, in His hands, that all things are in safe keeping.

It is good for us to remember the truth that is stated in the worship chorus In His Time by the Maranatha Singers:

IN HIS TIME, IN HIS TIME
HE MAKES ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN HIS TIME
LORD, PLEASE SHOW ME EVERYDAY
AS YOU’RE TEACHING ME YOUR WAY
THAT YOU’LL DO JUST WHAT YOU SAY
IN YOUR TIME.

IN YOUR TIME, IN YOUR TIME
YOU MAKE ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL IN YOUR TIME
LORD, MY LIFE TO YOU I BRING
MAY EACH SONG I HAVE TO SING
BE TO YOU A LOVELY THING
IN YOUR TIME

“Why does God say “No”? Because of our shortsightedness and His omniscience. He sees “the distant scene” and He knows how the next step should be taken that the “distant scene” may be made clear to us.

What we mistake for God’s denials are often God’s wise and providential delays, which are not denials at all. Many an individual thanks God that he did not have his way, that things were taken from him, that difficulties were put in his way to block his advance in order that the might have the delight of overcoming, or the delight of awaiting God’s time.

He sees the perils that are in our path that we cannot see. He speaks to us in mercy and grace and He builds us up to meet the dangers and be prepared to receive the things we could not wisely use today. There are many things which we can employ tomorrow that we cannot wisely use today.”
–A.A. Conrad

When I cannot understand my Father’s leading,
And it seems to be but hard and cruel fate,
Still I hear that gentle whisper ever pleading,
God is working, God is faithful—Only wait.
–A.B. Simpson

For the vision is yet for an appointed time; But at the end it will speak, and it will not lie. Though it tarries, wait for it; Because it will surely come, It will not tarry. Habakkuk 2:3

Comments:

14 Responses to “Waiting”

1. karyn February 25, 2013 at 5:28 AM #

Nice. In HIS time.

2. Clara February 25, 2013 at 6:53 AM #

There are so many challenges in waiting but God gives promises that keep us doing that period. His love is always with us to comfort us in those times of wait. So much is gained in the challenge of waiting that makes it all worthwhile. Thank you so much for sharing the inspiration “Waiting.”

3. Marina Bromley February 25, 2013 at 7:37 AM #

Amen!
    Being in a “waiting room” season can be hard, but so much easier than plowing forward with our own plans and not following His lead.
    (Thanks for the song reminder too…always has been a favorite! I’ll be singing it all day now!)

4. Aileen Teo February 25, 2013 at 8:15 AM #

We cannot rush God. His timing is always perfect! He is never late. He is never early. He is always on time.

5. Zelma Douglas February 25, 2013 at 9:35 AM #

We get in a hurry to do what we want to do.
    But we need to wait upon him Your messages are great

6. E Stoffel February 25, 2013 at 9:50 AM #

Beautiful, and very true – point on. Thank you, sir, for being ever-faithful and helping us to see the truth of God’s love and light. Be Blessed today and always.

This really speaks to me today, thanks for being led by the Spirit to write it.

7. Glenda Mills February 25, 2013 at 10:02 AM #

Thank you, I needed to read and remember God’s timing is always right on time…and that He indeed makes all things beautiful.
    I always appreciate what you share. You are a blessing!

8. Sandra Crittenden February 25, 2013 at 10:16 AM #

MY LIFE IS IN HIS HANDS!!!!

9. Diane Van Over February 25, 2013 at 11:23 AM #

Just one little correction to the words of the song, In His Time.
    It should be, “…Lord, please show me every day, as You’re teaching me Your way, THAT YOU’LL DO JUST WHAT YOU SAY, in Your time.

And He will. God is not a man, that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should change His mind. Does He speak and then not act ? Does He promise and not fulfill ? – Numbers 23.19

10. Ruth February 25, 2013 at 11:47 AM #

“Keep thou my feet; I do not ask to see the distant scene, one step enough for me.”
    Lead, Kindly Light by John Henry Newman

11. Valsa February 25, 2013 at 4:46 PM #

One of my favorite songs..

12. Kemi February 26, 2013 at 9:49 AM #

God could not have been speaking any clearer to me … Thank you.
    Yes Father, I will wait for Your beautiful and perfect timing! :)

13. Lily February 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM #

This is so very helpful for my husband and I today. What a wonderful reminder of what we believe and hold to be true. Be blessed today.

Lily, WA, USA

14. Jane February 28, 2013 at 7:05 PM #

When we wait for God’s time, we are always surprised at what He gives us.
    Thank you Roy for reminding us to “wait”.