12 Witnesses of Jesus’ Resurrection
- The rolled away stone that was sealed and guarded by Roman soldiers; Matthew 28:2
- The empty tomb; John 20:2
- The linen wrappings and face-cloth no longer on Jesus’ body; John 20:6-9
- The proclamation of an angel that Jesus is risen; Matthew 28:5-7
- The report given by the women who heard the angel and saw the empty tomb; Matthew 28:8,10
- The appearance of Jesus to the women as they were returning from the empty tomb; Matthew 28:9
- The visit to the tomb by Peter; Luke 24:12
- The report of the Roman guard and the scheme of the chief priests and elders;
- The appearance of Jesus to the two travelers going to Emmaus; Luke 24:13-35
- The appearances of Jesus to the disciples (including 500 at one time), to Thomas, and the worship of Him; Matthew 28:16-20, Luke 24:36-53, John 20:24-29, John 21:1-14, 1 Corinthians 15:6
- The written testimony of Scripture; John 20:31
- Jesus, after His ascension, working with the disciples and confirming the message of the Gospel through signs and wonders; Mark 16:19-20, Acts 14:3
Because I live, you shall live also. John 14:19 NKJV
These are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that believing you may have life in His name. John 20:31 NKJV
There is nothing about Jesus’ life that is empty or meaningless. His is not a false, artificial, phony, superficial, or fantasy life. Jesus’ life is not a passing life that comes and goes or stops and starts. His life is filled with purpose and fulfillment. Jesus’ life is true life.
Jesus’ life is everything that is good, right, pure, and abundant. His life builds up and doesn’t tear down; restores and doesn’t destroy, enriches and doesn’t deplete. Jesus’ life is resurrection life, eternal life, whole life, abundant life.
Jesus lives! His life is your life. His resurrection is your victory song, your shout of joy, your daily praise, and your eternal hope.