March 19, 2013

Pray This: Prayer of Release (a Repost)

3.19.13 Prayer of Release

Prayer of Release

I know the one in whom I trust, and I am sure that he is able to guard what I have entrusted to him until the day of his return. 2 Timothy 1:12 NLT

Heavenly Father, I release to You the burdens that I have been carrying, burdens that You never intended for me to carry. I cast all my cares upon You–all my worries, all my fears. You have told me not be anxious about anything, but rather to bring everything to You in prayer with thankfulness.

Father, calm my restless spirit, quiet my anxious heart, still my troubling thoughts with the assurance that You are in control. I let go of my grip upon the things I have been hanging onto, with opened hands I come to You. I release to Your will all that I am trying to manipulate; I release to Your authority all that I am trying to control; I release to Your timing all that I have been striving to make happen.

I thank You for Your promise to sustain me, preserve me, and guard all that I have entrusted to Your keeping. Protect my heart and mind with Your peace, the peace that passes all understanding. Father, may Your will be done in my life, in Your time, and in Your way.

Scriptures: Psalm 55:22, 1 Peter 5:7, Philippians 4:6, Matthew 6, Isaiah 26:3, Luke 11:2

This post was originally featured on October 4, 2010 here.

Comments:

12 Responses to “Pray This: Prayer of Release (a Repost)”

1. paul March 19, 2013 at 6:16 AM #

In God we have to trust,he control everything in our lives and that way we don’t have to keep suffering for somethigs we can control anymore.Di

2. Tamatha Knauber March 19, 2013 at 11:48 AM #

It is so true that with God we can let our cares become his cares; simply because we’re his children and he loves and cares for each and everyone of us. How much more would the Heavnly Father do for his children? Though the world is filled with evil the Lord cries out for them are lost or refuse to hear the Lord’s voice. The Lord never gives up! Even with the nation the of Babylon the Lord’s hand is outstreched for them. The Lord is Gracious and Good! Cast your cares upon him for he cares for you. Tammy

3. Joyce Simmons March 19, 2013 at 12:50 PM #

Just prayed this prayer through tears. THANK YOU for the repost.
    We are carrying so many burdens right now.
    The chorus ” The Lord knows the way through the wilderness, all we have to do is follow…” has been coming to mind over and over.
    Teach me to trust YOU Heavenly Father… that is my prayer.

4. Naomi Vivier March 19, 2013 at 2:30 PM #

Thank you for this posting today! It is an answer to my own struggling with the Lord this morning in my personal devotion. I will copy and paste it into my prayer journal.

5. betheliza March 19, 2013 at 4:40 PM #

this is very timing in my situtaion. God bless you.

6. Annie March 19, 2013 at 6:27 PM #

i’m blessed by this.

7. Yasmen Fliers March 19, 2013 at 11:32 PM #

Beautiful prayer. Just what my daughter and I needed. His word does not return void. Thank-you Father. Meet Me In The Meadow has been a real blessing to us.

8. Anna Takang March 20, 2013 at 4:18 AM #

Thanks alot for the timely posting. The holy Spirit designed it for me. I bow my knees in adoration to HIM who is ever faithful. He is a punctual God.

9. Esther Lagler March 20, 2013 at 9:34 AM #

Thank you for this repost. It has been a real blessing to me as I have struggled with certain life issues.

10. Ernie Atkinson March 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM #

How can we be more thankful to Jesus that he bears all our burdens. Truly His yoke is easy and His burden is light!

11. Andi February 11, 2014 at 7:41 AM #

Thank for this prayer really needed this.

12. Flo June 16, 2014 at 9:13 AM #

Thank you so much for the re-post … searched for this today… really needed. Thank you for all you do…