March 6, 2013

Your Place

I have set before you an open door, and no one can shut it. Revelation 3:8 NJKV

There is an appointed place for you. It is God’s place. Man did not give it to you and man cannot take it away.

God has provided an opened door into His appointed place for you (that also means there is a door that God has closed to you that cannot be opened by you or anyone else.)

There is no need for you to strive or push hard to try and open the door into God’s given place. God will open the right door for you at the right time—you are not strong enough to open any door that God wants shut to you, and you are not wise enough to know which door He wants to open.

His open door will bring you into a place of grace, a place of faith, and a place of dependency upon Him in all things. It is the best place, the good place, the safe place, the blessed place, the anointed place.

Once God has opened the door for you, you do not need to ever be anxious about trying to keep it open. God does not want you to be in His appointed place and live with the worry that someone might steal it from you, destroy it, or ruin it.

The enemy may try to scare you out of your place or discourage you with the thought that either your place is too small for you (you deserve something greater) or that your place is too great for you and something you can’t handle.

People may try to intimidate you, harass you, mock you, tempt you, or try to talk you out of your place, but you do not need to listen to the voices that want to keep you from abiding and thriving in God’s appointed place.

Walk through His open door, step completely through it with the confident strides of faith. Stay put in His place and don’t pine for something different, thrive there and abide there. It is His perfect place for you.

Comments:

22 Responses to “Your Place”

1. Randall March 6, 2013 at 10:41 AM #

Thank you for the reminder. I needed that today.

2. Kathy @ In Quiet Places March 6, 2013 at 11:12 AM #

Beautifully stated, thank you.

3. Joyce March 6, 2013 at 12:27 PM #

I can’t thank you enough for this beautiful message. I will print it out and keep in my Bible to refer to frequently. It is so timely since we are in the middle of selling our 35 year old house and moving to a retirement place. This message is so encouraging and increases my faith in God leading us to our next place. I will also send this to a friend who recently lost her husband and is not sure where her next place will be.

4. Sandra Crittenden March 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM #

Thank You Father for the open door. Thank You for Your strong hand that keep the doors closed and Your gentle hand opening the ones You want me to walk through. Thank you Mr. Lessin for that word. There are sometimes I think the doors will not open but now the Father is saying those doors are closed for a reason and the doors He is about to open just walk through them.

5. Valsa March 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM #

In my Fathers house.

6. Linda March 6, 2013 at 5:06 PM #

Thank you! This touched me in a particular circumstance. Just today we signed papers on the house of our prayers. God opened many doors for us to acheive our dream home. Satan tried to steal our joy by saying all the things you stated in this devotional…it’s too big for you to handle, you don’t deserve it…
    But God opened the door and, as you stated, no one can steal it or destroy it. We will use our home to glorify The Lord in everything we do. His place is the very best place for us and the only place we want to be, because it is in His presence.
    God bless you as you continue to bless others!

7. nancy March 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM #

8. Marinalva Sickler March 6, 2013 at 7:19 PM #

Amen! I needed that message today. God is still in the throne for me no matter my circumstance.

9. Serena March 6, 2013 at 9:47 PM #

Amen. This is such a beautiful reminder of God’s favour and will in our lives. May I have the wisdom to recognize His open doors!

10. Kay March 6, 2013 at 11:29 PM #

Thank you to a very special teacher for sending me this special e-card This really made my day and I needed to read this today. Thank you again, Kay

11. Jan Woodward March 7, 2013 at 2:26 PM #

Thank you so much for this encouragement. I know that the house I now live in was God’s choice for me and (it is called ‘Bethany’ – a place near Jerusalem where Jesus used to meet with His friends!) He has used it for His purposes ever since I moved in. Recently, I put the house on the market, having found a smaller one that I liked, with the idea of releasing some of the capital tied up in my present house, so that I had more financial freedom.
    Suddenly the people in the smaller house took it off the market and I found myself worried and stressed in case I sold my own home and then couldn’t find anything suitable to move to. Eventually, I too, decided to withdraw from the market and stay put, trusting God to move me in His own time to a place of His choice where I will be secure and safe and have all my needs met from His riches in glory in Jesus. Your lovely message has given me a real sense of peace and an assurance that downsizing may not be what He has in mind for me right now. Bless you and your ministry, in Jesus’ Name – Amen.

12. Maxine Gonzalez March 7, 2013 at 3:51 PM #

Loved the picture here of the doors! It is such a comfort to know that GOD keeps them open for us and will eventually welcome us all to our Heavenly Home. Wonderfully stated and thank you!

13. William Pawluk March 7, 2013 at 6:38 PM #

Thanks Great. Yes there is a door for every one to open to Eternal life. The key is available read St John 14; 6 and ask Jesus into your heart He will open the door, it worked for me.
    I have a good true story to share with you I was there I know it is true. We do not have to wait for Jesus second coming to see Jesus, When our time comes we will see Him He will come for us if we still love Him. Please wait a little longer dear Jesus I want to see my loved ones saved.

In Memory of Esther
    June 7, 1993 house wife and mommy
    Wife

***True story by eye witnesses*** Sept.21 2008.

John 14:3 “and if I go and prepare a place for you, I
    will come again and receive you unto myself; that
    where I am, there ye may be also.”

This is true Jesus does come for those that believe in Him
    and love Him. Esther and I were married for
    forty-three and a half years. We had a son and twin
    daughters. In 1976 my wife had cancer surgery, but it
    was not a cure. We did many things to prevent cancer,
    but prayer helped the most. She always said she wanted
    to die at home and on Sunday. Finally the count down came to an end.

June 7, 1993 she got her wish.
    At home on Sunday, time came for a soul transfer. We
    were all with her at the end of life here. There was
    myself, my son and his wife, my twin daughters, and a
    Christian doctor and his wife, a nurse. We all
    witnessed the last moment of her life here.

It is now 15 years since, but I can still hear her
    voice as if it were yesterday. She said ” I see lots
    of flowers, they smell beautiful.” Then she said ” I
    see many many people,” I see Angels they are
    beautiful,” and she lifted her arms as to
    hug someone and said “Jesus !!” My daughter was
    holding her on the bed and had one hand on her heart,
    and when she said “Jesus,” her arms dropped and her
    heart stopped. So without a shadow of a doubt, we knew
    that Jesus came to take her home to be with him. You
    know what, that has been a comfort to me and I didn’t
    mourn as so many do. I know Jesus came for her and it
    was her time. She didn’t die, she just went home with
    Jesus and left her body behind.

I too love the Lord Jesus Christ and am ready for his
    coming. How about you.are you ready?

Acts 16:31 “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou
    shalt be saved.”

Then you will be ready too. Jesus is the only way to
    Heaven.

• Jackie Jackson March 9, 2013 at 6:13 AM #

This is such a lovely reminder to me of my Father’s death. He found faith during his battle with cancer and He too mentioned beautiful flowers he said the colours were stunning and he saw many groups of people. What a wonderful hope we have in Jesus. my father said Here I come Lord. We are reminded that Jesus said Come unto me. He still calls people to Him today have you heard His voice?

14. LM March 9, 2013 at 7:42 PM #

Thanks, Roy. I needed that one, which you probably already knew. :)Thanks enriching my life with God’s words through you. You’re a blessing.

15. LM March 9, 2013 at 7:45 PM #

BTW, keep posting photos with highlights from your posts. I love to put them on my desktop and I changed it to this one tonight. Thanks!

16. karyn March 11, 2013 at 4:27 AM #

YAH
    so nice

17. Claudette March 11, 2013 at 7:26 AM #

Thanks for reminding me that God isn’t like man. When God opens a door, it remain open until the assignment is complete.

18. Renee March 11, 2013 at 9:27 AM #

In 10 days it will mark the one year anniversary of my dear husband going on before me to the open door of Heaven, now I am working through all of the papers and plans that touched his hands. Many of these paper memories become a place where tear drops touch as I read each one. I am seeking to leave this home, asking God to provide a buyer in His time and a new “Bethany” for me to move to, where I can serve Him. This was so special today, in God’s perfect timing it came to me – thank you!
    Blessings – Peace – and a Thankful Heart
    Renee

19. Aileen Teo March 11, 2013 at 9:16 PM #

Thank you very much, Roy! It is a timely word for me. Thank you!!! And AMEN!!!

20. Jan March 12, 2013 at 3:10 PM #

Dear Mr. Lessin,
    What a rich and comforting word He impressed upon your heart to share.
    Just this morning I was criticised by someone in my extended family for enjoying the freedom of where the Lord has me ~ my place in Him. He’s led me into His peace, and the lines He’s drawn around me to form my perameters, where I am designed to flourish, are boundaries that I love. Just like it says in Psalm 16:6 “The lines have fallen to me in pleasant places; Indeed, my heritage is beautiful to me.”
    I love your heart and the ministry of encouragement that pours out of you. It shows your connection to the Vine. Bless you for your love for the body. You are precious.

21. Kissi Klink March 14, 2013 at 11:16 AM #

Hello, thanks for thinking of me. We do need to be reminded every now and again and I am so happy someone out there keeps reminding us. Keep up the good work.