April 8, 2013

Lord, Teach Us to Pray, Part 1

OLYMPUS DIGITAL CAMERA

“Wherefore He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them.” Hebrews 7:25 KJV

Jesus lived prayer and taught prayer. He prayed at different times and for various amounts of time. He prayed in secret and He prayed in public. He prayed about personal matters and matters concerning others. He prayed for His friends and for His enemies. Through prayer He sought the Father’s will and His glory, stood against Satan, forgave His enemies, and released the Holy Spirit’s ministry.

Through prayer Jesus gave thanks, blessed, interceded, praised, petitioned, made supplication, and travailed. He prayed as a man dependent upon His Father seeking to please Him and glorify Him in all things. Through prayer Jesus drew near to His Father, and through prayer, He desires to draw us closer to His Father’s heart.

Jesus knelt in humility so that He could raise us up to new heights, He poured out His soul so that He could comfort us in every sorrow, and as our High Priest, He prayed for our unity, our sanctification, our joy, our love, our keeping, our ministry, and our destiny.

Comments:

6 Responses to “Lord, Teach Us to Pray, Part 1”

1. Wallace Lawson April 8, 2013 at 11:49 AM #

Another encouraging comment, much need and appreciated today! Thank you!

2. maryanne rasmussen April 8, 2013 at 1:35 PM #

Thank you Roy for sharing how GOD speaks to your heart. You are a continual encouragement in a discouraging world and you bless we who are in need. May GOD bless you with joy in your life for how you share His love and His will.

• barbara April 9, 2013 at 1:36 PM #

ROSE PLEASE KEEP FAITH & BELIEVE GOD HEARS YOU. I TOO WILL INCLUDE YOU IN MY PRAYERS, DON’T GIVE UP!

3. Rose Charles-King April 8, 2013 at 8:22 PM #

i appreciate these devotional messages from you Roy. I need to build my spiritual life at this moment. I asked the Almighty for a sign and your devotion show me the way when you indicated not to worry. Please pray for me. I had an exam that has been plaguing me for so long. Every time I think that I am prepared and and take it I get a failing grade. It is due next week again. Thanks.

4. Debbie April 8, 2013 at 8:39 PM #

Wow, Roy . . .I loved how you showed us about Jesus’ prayers. Definitely inspires me to pray more! God bless you!

5. Kim Hawkins April 10, 2013 at 2:21 PM #

I just love the gift of prayer. Because of Jesus I can go to God anytime and share whatever is on my heart–praise, confession, repentance, needs, desires, help, you name it. He hears. He listens. He answers.