May 3, 2013

Prayer

Sunrise.on.Med.mjb1

There is nothing about which we may not pray. We pray as His children, and we trust Him as our heavenly Father. His answer will transcend our asking. –Samuel Charwick

When you come to God in prayer, you come to your Father. He wants you to come as a child who is loved, who is accepted, who is cared for, and who is secure. He wants you to come in openness, in confidence, in truthfulness. He waits to hear your heart, and to share His heart with you.

Through prayer you can gather the riches of heaven and bring them down to earth…you can delight in the beauty of heaven and carry it in your heart…you can enjoy the fellowship of heaven and walk in it throughout the day.

Pray privately

Pray for grace
Hebrews 4:16

Pray for wisdom
James 1:5

Pray for other believers
John 17:20

Pray for the peace of Jerusalem
Psalm 122:6

Pray in everything
Philippians 4:6

Pray in agreement with His Word
1 John 5:14-15

Pray that all will be well
3 John 1:2

Comments:

15 Responses to “Prayer”

1. karyn May 3, 2013 at 11:54 AM #

I love to pray to the LORD. All my life I’ve prayed. When I was about eight, my father told me he would not be going to church any more so, he told me to go for him and to pray to God. I looked up at my father’s face and he looked grim. No happy. Yet, I knew how much he loved me and how serious the conversation was. He told me this outside church after Mass one morning when we went to church together. After that, I went alone. I never forgot my father’s request. He told me in all the years he spent a lot of time talking to a priest. Which one I do not know. I just know he did. All the time. So, like my father, I did the same thing. Why. He was so serious about praying.
    Nice post. I totally agree with you.

• helen May 5, 2013 at 10:56 AM #

hi Karyn,
      Your father didn’t want to go to church anymore…I have the same thing with my husband. For 20 years we went to church together, and now he doesn’t want to go anymore, and his face looks different because of depression.
      Since jan. 2012 I go alone now. For you and me it is true, what is said in the article about praying. But people like your father and my husband, they experience something different…My husband feels angry at a lot of things, everything is negative, it’s a problem inside his brain. I know he loves me, but he can not express it to me the right way. It’s a difficult situation, but I pray that he will become healthy again. And that we can go to church again together.

My faith gives me a lot of strength, and it’s a blessing, if you can pray to God, and feel the way that is described in the article.

So go on praying, Karyn!
      I will too :)

• susanne hanson May 14, 2013 at 8:57 PM #

I pray daily for the return of the love my husband and I once shared.I also go to church alone in fact I thought I was alone my entire life until one day last year I realized I’ve never walked alone or went to church alone for he is with each and everyone of us always it just takes longer for some of us to realize it. It took me 42 years of hell before I started living in Heaven.

• Belinda May 24, 2013 at 5:57 AM #

Hi,
        Just a note about your husband’s depression. God uses psychiatrists for treatment as well & if we need the right medication we should just take it. If you have diabetes you take your medication. There is no shame in being a Christian and seeking the appropriate help for your mental health. There is hope and I pray you find the right help. I hope I’m not being too forward, but I feel for you and your husband as depression is treatable and may take a few variations in treatment until the right blend is found and yes God is definitely a part of that treatment.

• Anne Garza May 5, 2013 at 5:09 PM #

Prayer is powerful. Prayer is what carries us when we feel we can’t go on. The Lord hears all our prayers and answers in a way He knows is best for us. He has gotten me thru many a trial and made me a stronger person.
      Thank you for sharing.

• aidy cruzado May 5, 2013 at 7:32 PM #

From God’s Word, it says that we can go directly to God in prayer, and Jesus, His Son, will be interceding for us. It is good to talk about our concerns, to a priest or anyone who believes and lives according to God’s ways,
      We will hear advices from them that may be helpful to us and sometimes, we just need to “talk” to someone who will listen to us. However, talking to God directly, entering His throne with reverence, in confidence of His power. love and peace upon us, is the best way to go! He ALWAYS have a listening ear for us, He knows us because He made us, He understands us, He only wants to prosper us and not to harm us, but to give us a future. Sometimes we don’t even know how to pray because of our heavy burden, but God also provided His Holy Spirit to speak for us and we can ALWAYS be assured that He hears us, and He will answer according to His plan, not ours..His time, not ours..all because HeLOVES US ALL SO VERY MUCH
      ! I pray you will ask Jesus to come to your life and that you will live for Him and ask for His guidance all your life. That’s how I have been praying and HE ALWAYS answered!

• Barbara May 6, 2013 at 7:36 AM #

Thanks Karyn for sharing.Was your dad just talking to a Priest or were they praying? “Yes it’s important for us to be able to share with others,but it’s also very important that we pray. The Bible say’s to pray continually and also when we pray close the door & pray to your Father who is unseen, it also says that there is one God & one mediator between God & men,the man Christ Jesus. It’s so important for us to have a personal relationship with our Father, so we know that when we pray He hears us. ” Prayer is the key that unlocks the door. It’s not always possible for us to have someone pray with us,but we know that there is One who is always near to hear us.
      The Blessed Holy Spirit.

2. Claudia Zepperi May 5, 2013 at 8:24 AM #

Thank you, it touched my heart when I needed it the most.

3. Ann Benaa May 5, 2013 at 8:33 AM #

Thank you so much! This article really touched my heart. It has given me renewed strength in prayer. May God bless you for your artful work of love and commitment!!!

4. Shelley Siragusa May 5, 2013 at 10:34 AM #

Prayer is definitely a privilege God gives His children… but we must BE one of His children to HAVE that privilege. Not every one who is born belongs to Him. Jesus said, “I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” (John 14:6). And Jesus said in John 3:3 (speaking to Nicodemus), “Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.” And a little further down in that passage Jesus says, “Most assuredly, I say to you (still speaking to Nicodemus who wants to know HOW one is “born again”) “unless one is born of water (through the womb of your mother) and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.” John 3:5.
    It’s a personal relationship with God the Father, through His Son Jesus the Christ, that allows us to have the intimacy of prayer with the Heavenly Father. We must have FAITH in all Christ did on our behalf… and how can we have faith? In Romans 10:17 Paul says, “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God.” Paul says, “if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” Romans 10:9-10. If you read Luke 1:46-47, Mary says: “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.” Mary is saying she needed a Savior, too. In Romans 3:10-12, Paul quotes the Scriptures, “There is none righteous, no, not one. There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one.” The only sinless one was Jesus. Paul says we “all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” Romans 3:23 (in other words we all fall short of God’s standard of perfection… all but Jesus who was perfect and sinless! No one else, not even Mary, can make that claim… and she herself, as stated above said “God my Savior” after being chosen to be Jesus’ mother. She was CHOSEN, not because she was perfect & sinless. God “chose” NOT Mary. I say this because sometimes church traditions become more important than the Word of God… all churches deal with these kinds if struggles, but we must always go to what GOD says, not what man says, amen? ;D.
    I very much look forward to looking up all the bible verses listed about prayer. Thank you for this gift, Roy.

• Itala Simone May 6, 2013 at 12:24 PM #

Hi Shelley,
      I’m an Italian believer and I like so much to keep in touch with this web site, especially because I can share all my thoughts and my questions with persons who belong to the same big Christian family! I really appreciate what you say especially regarding Mary, Jesus’ mother: as you know here in Italy there is the big tradition to adore the “Madonna” and it’s such difficult explaining to the Roman Catholic people that even Mary was born with sin and that ONLY Jesus Christ was perfect and sinless and He only can be our Lord and Savior ! So thanks again for your gospel message, may God help us in praying and talking about His word with openness and love remembering that you can receive the eternal life only through Jesus Christ sacrifice.
      God bless you, sister …
      Itala

5. Itala Simone May 5, 2013 at 12:37 PM #

it’s lovely to know that we can keep in touch with our heavenly Father whenever we want through the prayer! It’s the best weapon in our hands to ask anything to out Lord that He could approve and appreciate, especially when we pray for other believers, for the needs of our brothers and sisters in Christ and for increasing our faith in Him and our love for the others. Prayer is such important in our lives and we must remember that Satan is frightened about the power of PRAYER!! So let us pray always and everywhere.
    God bless you all,
    Itala

6. Anna Gould May 6, 2013 at 1:06 AM #

When we feel that we can’t pray is when it is most important to do so. When we feel exhausted spiritually, it is then that our prayers are most honest, we just have to express our heart. Lord, please help me to just be honest. You already know everything :)

7. mary May 6, 2013 at 3:53 AM #

I was away from the Lord and came back 11 yrs ago. In all my time away, I felt quilty. Now, after all these years, I found true healing and peace with God. I consistanly pray and find that I can help others dealing with this same situation. It is important to include God in all we do and in making decisions in our lives. God tells us,” We can not do anyhing without Him.”, and it is so true. It has made me stronger and more faithful to Him as my Savior and Redeemer. Without Him, I am lost. I pray others will find true contentment through Our Lord, Jesus; just as a little child. Thank you for this lovely card sent to me by a friend. mary B

8. Renee Butler May 13, 2013 at 9:58 AM #

To this article all I can say is To God Be The Glory. It touched my soul as I am in a hospital waiting room while my 90 year old dad under goes another leg amputation. It gave me extra strength for this journey we are about to undertake. Let the church say amen!