May 15, 2013

The Lord is Your Shepherd

bloomedhill.clouds.mjb

In Psalm 23 there are 17 places where you can insert your name and personally apply His promises to your life.

Here is Psalm 23 written in a way to help you personalize its promises. As you read, include your name wherever you see a dotted line.

The LORD is ————————shepherd.

————————shall not want.

He maketh ———————— to lie down in green pastures:

He leadeth ———————— beside the still waters.

He restoreth ————————soul:

He leadeth ———————— in the paths of righteousness for His name’s sake.

Yea, though ———————— walk through the valley of the shadow of death,

————————will fear no evil:

For Thou art with ————————;

Thy rod and Thy staff they comfort————————.

Thou preparest a table before ———————— in the presence of —————–enemies:

Thou anointest ———————— head with oil;

————————cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow ————————

All the days of ————————life:

And ———————— will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Comments:

12 Responses to “The Lord is Your Shepherd”

1. ELLER L TAYLOR May 15, 2013 at 9:38 AM #

I WOULD LIKE TO GET MORE BIBLE VERSES. I TRY MY BEST TO FOLLOW THE LORD JESUS CHRIST

2. Lucille Mays May 15, 2013 at 10:43 AM #

I really like this..where I can make it my own personal statement..
    I enjoy all your messages and I share them with sister an friends…thank
    you so much…

3. Cindy May 15, 2013 at 10:47 AM #

Thank you for your insight, Mr. Lessin. We all know that the Lord loves each one of us, but looking at this verse by inserting our own name really makes us realize that to a greater extent. Perhaps that is the reason the Lord will be giving us a new name written on a white stone that only we will know. It is accomplishing the same thing, making us realize more fully, the depth of His love for each one of us.

4. Barbara J. Hanz May 15, 2013 at 11:06 AM #

Filling in my name in all 17 blanks of Psalm 23 created a most powerful experience with Jesus Christ!!!
    Is this printed in any book of Roy’s?

What does “URL” mean?

5. Vicki May 15, 2013 at 11:34 AM #

This is very powerful.

6. Sandra Crittenden May 15, 2013 at 12:34 PM #

I felt the Lord standing beside me as I was writing my name in the blank. We are so important and loved by Our Father. He just letting us know I GOT YOU. Thank You Father!!!

7. Ai Boon May 15, 2013 at 3:42 PM #

How do I explain the feeling in my heart
    When the Lord becomes mine personally?
    How do I share the wonder in my heart
    When He gives me something so precious?
    Thank You Lord for inspiring Roy to teach us
    to connect with You in this special way.
    Thank you, Roy, for sharing. God bless you.

8. Colleen May 15, 2013 at 8:44 PM #

I open these e-mails always at the right time. God certainly is watching over me. I having been feeling very blue, but I spend time with God in prayer daily. God continues to give me strength and the Holy Spirit is dwelling deep in my soul. I get so much inspiration from you Roy. May you always be blessed.

9. Martha May 16, 2013 at 7:47 PM #

This is so amazing, as I read it with my name in it , tears were flowing down my cheeks and my heart filled with such love for my Holy Father and knowing how very much he loves me. My family is going through such a severe crisis currently. We are so stricken with sadness. I have a sister nine yrs younger than me who is terminal with fourth stage breast cancer, she will be the eight woman in my family to die of this, my mother was the seventh, she was only fifty one yrs old. My sister is forty six and has to children and husband. It is so painful cause our type of breast cancer doesn’t show up on DNA test, the cancer doesn’t respond to chemo or radiation. I want so much for her to see the day her daughter or son gets married, I want so much for her to experience the miraculous joy of holding your first grandchild in your hands. Those beautiful experiences will be stolen from her and her nine brothers and sisters are helpless to change her physical outcome. We stay in prayer and give our thanks for everyday she is still with us and enjoy happier times.
    Also I have a brother who is terminal and he is one yr older than me. He has prinzmetalangina, (terminal heart disease). He also suffers so much and strangly he and my terminal sister share the same birthday but ten years different. I can’t make sence out of anything anymore, just so bewildered. I know I am not helpless cause my savior and Holy Father hold and watch over all of us and the challenges we are all going through. It is so painful, I wish I could get through this better, I am sure that is true for all who are losing someone we love. … I am going to come back to this prayer and read it daily with my name in it. It had such a powerful effect. thank you for posting the prayer the special way you did, I am so very grateful to you and how God is using you to be his vessel. thank you God bless all of you, and always we must have an attitude of gratitude. Thank you again

10. Dot May 20, 2013 at 1:10 PM #

My mother taught me to say Psalm 23 with emphasis on different words. It changes the meaning without changing the words. Try it! For example, (capital letters denote the emphasis): The LORD is my shepherd…, The Lord IS my shepherd…, The Lord is MY shepherd…, The Lord is my SHEPHERD…, and continue throughout the psalm, emphasizing all the nouns, or verbs, or pronouns, or adjectives, depending on the kind of comforting you or someone else needs. If you/they need confidence, focus on the nouns; if yo/they need inspiration, focus on the verbs; if you/they need affirmation, focus on the pronouns; if you/they need reassurance focus on the adjectives. I hope this helps others as it has helped me. My mother has been gone fourteen years now and yet her spirit lives on with the wisdom she shared with me. I am blessed that I can now share it with others.

11. Maxine Gonzalez June 6, 2013 at 4:29 PM #

I have loved the 23 Psalm as well and have said it at night time for comfort with the emphasis on different words. YES, HE is my Shepherd! That is HIS grace for us, HIS mercy for us, HIS love for us! Thank you for this post!