June 21, 2013

Fret Buster #112

daylily 167a.mjb

There will never be a time when you will find God’s power inadequate, His love indifferent, or His grace insufficient.

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension , will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:6 NASB

In nothing be anxious…nothing is made up of no-thing. Nothing is a circle with everything excluded. Everything is excluded from care that it might be included in prayer. He, our Father, wants the opportunity of caring for the things that concern us. –Norman B. Harrison

Comments:

7 Responses to “Fret Buster #112”

1. Kathy @ In Quiet Places June 21, 2013 at 6:37 AM #

I love this verse, and the permission God gives us to give our worries to Him and let Him take care of them!

2. Tricia from Perth. Western Australia June 21, 2013 at 8:43 PM #

We so need this prayer right now, with all that is going on in the world around us – it is so COMFORTING. Thank you Lord for the assurance we have from you and your word, and your never ending LOVE.

3. Kofi June 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM #

Thanks for the reminder. No matter how well one knows this quote, and how strong one’s faith is, it is easy to forget it in the midst of a storm in one’s life when is in distress, depressed, and yes, fretting!

4. Reina MacDonald June 22, 2013 at 10:09 AM #

I just love Phil 4:6. Every time I read this quote, it slows down my anxiety about life. It reminds me that Jesus, is always with me and will never leave me nor forsake me.
    It reminds me of God’s promise that me and my family will be saved.
    I really enjoyed reading your ‘life history’ starting with your dad and then your brother and yourself. It really gives me hope to never give up on my family and that God is always near. God Bless!

5. Skip Ball June 23, 2013 at 5:14 PM #

When I am alone and feel my personal suffering is overwhelming, I’m reminded that God cares. Just knowing that, lessens my burden. He is with me, always.

6. Marinalva Sickler June 24, 2013 at 1:17 AM #

I’m enjoying God’s promises and thanking Him for the decision at Court on my favor. I’m officially my grandson’s guardian. Praise the Lord for his goodness. Thanks, pastor Roy. I found comfort and encouragement on your postings.

7. Joanne Snyder June 25, 2013 at 10:48 AM #

I so appreciate everyone’s comments. I can share that when my two sister-in-laws died two years ago and the fathers of my four nieces had some time before gone to the Lord, I was left as ‘mother’ for four womem burdened with deep concerns from jobs to insecurities and mental issues. It wasn’t until a year and a half later I realized I do not have the solutions. Only our Lord does, the One whose power is adequate, whose love never fails, and whose grace is sufficient! I said to our heavenly Father, Lord, I can’t but You can! How amazing was the relief. I now acknowledge every day, they are in HIS very big and capable hands, whose plans for them are for good and not for evil. AMEN!