June 24, 2013

Speak

Lake Fayetteville.mjb.MMITM.4Never has a man spoken the way this man speaks. John 7:46 NASB

Lord, I know You have welcomed me, for You said, “Come to Me”; I know You have a plan for me, for You said, “Follow Me”; I know You have cleansed me, for You said, “Your sins are forgiven”; I know Your will is restful for me, for You said, “Go in peace”; I know You will never leave me without Your presence, for You said, “Receive the Holy Spirit.”

Lord, no one speaks with the power of Your voice—You said “Come forth” and the dead lived again; You said, “Rise, take up your bed and walk” and the feeble could stand to their feet; You said, “Go wash in the Pool of Siloam” and clear images flooded darkened eyes.

Lord, no one speaks with the comfort of Your voice—it calls me as a shepherd to its lost lamb; it soothes me as a mother to her hurting child; it woos me as a bridegroom to his bride; it reassures me as a friend to his companion.

Lord, no one speaks with the clarity of Your voice—You speak words of light to shine upon my path; You speak words of nourishment to feed my soul; You speak words of truth to make me wise; You speak words of vitality to make me whole.

Lord, speak, for your servant hears.

You who speak love, my heart is listening; You who speak hope, my heart is trusting, You who speak life, my heart is receiving.

Comments:

22 Responses to “Speak”

1. Glenda Mills June 24, 2013 at 6:36 AM #

Thank you Roy for this reminder…There is No One like our God. He only is worthy of our praise. Thank you for helping me to take my eyes off man and put them back on Him.
    God bless you!

• Chris July 7, 2013 at 7:14 AM #

Thank you too. You are 100% right!

2. Anita June 24, 2013 at 8:00 AM #

Thanks brother for posting this. How uniquely comforting and encouraging His voice alone is! GOD bless you! Shalom.

3. Sandra Crittenden June 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM #

SPEAK LORD FOR I AM YOUR WILLING VESSEL AND SERVANT!! YOUR DAUGTHER. WITH MUCH LOVE!!!

4. Ernie Atkinson June 24, 2013 at 8:33 PM #

He has spoken words of forgiveness and acceptance – We come

5. Debbie June 24, 2013 at 9:23 PM #

This is so beautiful , confirming and encouraging, Roy! Thank you for using your gifts for Him and blessing us. God bless you!

6. Carol Heine/Just Ducky June 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM #

Thank you for the encouragement you help me to understand no matter what I am going through he is my Fortris and deliverer

7. Ai Boon June 25, 2013 at 6:35 PM #

Dear Roy,
    Hi. Thank you for the inspiration. God bless you richly with creativity and good health.

Please listen to the song at http://scratch.mit.edu/projects/11084121/

Best regards,
    Ai Boon

8. Terry & Pat Lampel June 26, 2013 at 10:55 PM #

I do like these thoughts Roy… we do love & serve a very personal Savior, don’t we!

9. S Denise Bernas July 7, 2013 at 7:41 AM #

Thank you so much Roy for sharing these wonderful thoughts and God bless you in abundance. Our God is an awesome God!!

10. Alicia July 7, 2013 at 7:50 AM #

Thank you so much for your word encouragement I got this as I’m sitting in a hospital icu I’ve seen the bridegroom all night as I lay here hooked to monitors the deeper I go with God harder enemy attacks me but I see bridegroom dressed in his best dancing with me is such comfort

11. Santosh Dahl July 7, 2013 at 9:43 AM #

Dear Roy!
    Shalom!
    I thank God that He blesses you to put His Word in such a way to us that we easily understand the depth and get Comfort. Yes, God speaks in silence and comforts us. God bless!/santosh

12. Kathy Munson July 7, 2013 at 9:48 AM #

What a beautiful expression of the love of God. Thank you for your spirit of encouragement through these daily words. They are a blessing to me and so many.

13. Alphie July 7, 2013 at 10:37 AM #

Nothing compares to hearing from the one who created you in His image! Speak Lord your servant is ready to listen and do all that you require today! We love you Jesus!

14. Itala Simone July 7, 2013 at 11:04 AM #

The most beautiful example about “listening” that we read in the Bible (Luke 10:39) is Mary of Bethany sitting at the Lord’s feet: she has chosen the better thing, the only one is needed, the Lord’s voice … and we must do the same. Thank you, Roy, for sharing this with you all.
    Love in jesus Christ,
    Itala, from Italy

15. Antoinette July 7, 2013 at 12:42 PM #

Thank you for inspiring me.

16. Shawn July 7, 2013 at 3:37 PM #

This is inspiring. I’m blessed. A big thank you to Roy. And also to Taylor, my “wife-to-be” always sending these inspiring and soul-lifting messages to me when I’m far from home. I’m grateful.

17. Marinalva Sickler July 7, 2013 at 11:23 PM #

It’s so good to know how good is the Lord to me. Comforter, Savior, Friend, Guider, and King.

18. Angie July 7, 2013 at 11:40 PM #

Your Words, Lord, remind my soul that You are a Living God and Your Words are powerful. Thank you Lord for You are great and worthy of praises. Thank you Lord for Your Words and the one who listens and receives the Words in creative way. May you bless him abundantly!

19. Sazi Dlamini July 8, 2013 at 3:52 AM #

God is awesome in this place
    I can sense his presence as we sing his praise
    There is power here for a miracle
    Set the captive free
    Make the broken whole. Nobody can stand before us our God is with

20. Eulalie July 9, 2013 at 5:23 PM #

These words provide encouragement.They provide hope. I need a miracl in my life…and listening to and meditating on these words bring comfort and hope in my despair. God is an awsome God and I trust HIM to set me free.
    Thanks Roy for the reminder.

21. Jacqueline Classen July 13, 2013 at 12:27 AM #

Thank you Lord for using Roy as Your instrument to show us Your beauty, love, compassion and faithfulness and that You Lord know every detail of our hearts desires and supply our daily needs. Thank you Roy for your obedience to Gods calling in your life. Your surely blessed with Gods best.