July 26, 2013

Qualified

communnionset.mmitm.mjb.final

It is not that we think we are qualified to do anything on our own. Our qualification comes from God. He has enabled us to be ministers of His new covenant.
2 Corinthians 3:5-6 NLT

Having a sense of being unqualified to serve the Lord does not mean you have been disqualified by the Lord to serve Him. In fact, the only one who is truly qualified to do the Lord’s work is the Lord, Himself.

It is a good thing to be aware of how unqualified we are to serve the Lord in our own strength or abilities. Without the Lord working in us and enabling us, we have nothing to offer that will please and glorify Him.

What qualifies us to serve Him and to minister to others? God’s enabling power does! God’s presence does! God’s covenant truth does! We are qualified because we are clay vessels that hold the treasure of Jesus Christ.

What can the person expect to accomplish in God’s kingdom who thinks he has it all and depends upon himself?  He can expect nothing but failure. And what can the person expect to accomplish in God’s kingdom who is aware of his own weakness and inadequacy, yet is fully dependent upon the Lord?  He can expect to be fruitful in every good work.

When Francis of Assisi was asked how he could accomplish so much he replied, “One day the Lord looked down from heaven and said, ‘Where can I find the weakest, littlest man on earth?” then He saw me, and said, “I’ve found him; he won’t be proud of it; he’ll see that I am using him because of his insignificance.’”

Comments:

6 Responses to “Qualified”

1. karyn July 26, 2013 at 10:37 AM #

This is so lovely and encouraging. To live a life of selflessness is not easy. But we are called to live like this. Indeed it is JESUS who qualifies us. So, to learn ….. that HE is the only ONE who should matter in the big picture of all things and that for everyone to find intimacy with Christ is vital in these last days.

2. Glenda Mills July 26, 2013 at 11:35 AM #

So re-inforcing to what the Lord continues to show his children. Truly His Grace is sufficient, strength poured through weak vessels. When we are weak…His power shows up best ! Thanks for sharing!

3. Ernie Atkinson July 26, 2013 at 6:54 PM #

… with gladness
    Psalm 100:2

4. Tricia from Perth. Western Australia July 26, 2013 at 8:41 PM #

Many years ago when asked to take on a Ministry I felt quite ‘unqualified’ to do. I got the message ‘God does not call the qualified, HE qualifies the called’ and it so helped me put things into perspective. HE sure was with me ALL the way, and helped me travel well on that journey – and does so still today.

• Maxine Gonzalez July 29, 2013 at 11:08 AM #

Yes I believe in that message every single day – the more I relay on GOD, the more I trust HIS wisdom instead of my own!

5. Diane Morgan July 29, 2013 at 7:12 PM #

It is so plain after going through those Scriptures – and exciting! If our focus is right and our relationship is right we can depend on the Lord for great things in our lives in His church. Thank you for that post. What a wonderful God! He alone can do what none of us can!