August 23, 2013

Ten Awesome Things About Heaven

mmitm.10heaven.mjb

1.     It is the place of God’s throne.
Thus saith the Lord, The heaven is My throne, and the earth is My footstool. Isaiah 66:1

2.    It is a holy place.
He will hear him from His holy heaven with the saving strength of His right hand. Psalm 20:6

3.    It is the place where Jesus is.
For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:” Hebrews 9:24

4.    It is the place where the holy angels are.
But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. Matthew 24:36

5.    It is the place where the names of God’s children are written.
Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven. Luke 10:20

6.    It is the place where the inheritance of God’s children is reserved.
To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you. 1 Peter 1:4

7.    It is the place where eternal treasures are laid up.
But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:” Matthew 6:20

8.    It is the place where all tears are wiped away.
For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them…and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes. Revelation 7:17

9.    It is the place where Jesus will bring all who belong to Him.
And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. John 14:3

10.   It is the place where all believers shall live forever.
Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thessalonians  4:17

Comments:

9 Responses to “Ten Awesome Things About Heaven”

1. Theresa Therrien August 23, 2013 at 8:14 AM #

Inspiring article and Awesome as you stated. Much said in a condensed form and with the Bible references.

2. karyn August 23, 2013 at 11:25 AM #

You should really have these all in printable form for us so we can print them out and keep them in our bags for light reading when we are out and about. So encouraging. :)

• Janinne August 23, 2013 at 2:59 PM #

Karyn, on the top right of the article on the website is a print button and also a text size and an e-mail button. You can print as is or remove parts. I use it frequently.

Blessings <

• karyn August 24, 2013 at 7:37 AM #

Thank you Janinne. I did not know this. Thanks a lot for your help.

3. Irene August 23, 2013 at 12:31 PM #

Thank you for the most inspiring words from Meet Me In the Meadow devotional – and for sharing with us your gift/insight. I’ve also read your “Sons from Afar” book. Keeps me interceding for God’s chosen people and all the lost.
    Praying God’s abundant and richest blessings over you.
    Irene

4. Sandra Crittenden August 23, 2013 at 1:10 PM #

MY HEART IS FILL WITH SO MUCH JOY THAT IT BRING TEARS TO MY EYES KNOWING THAT I HAVE A HOME IN HEAVEN MADE FOR ME BY THE HANDS OF MY FATHER AND I WIL LIVE WITH MY BROTHER AND FATHER FOR A LIFETIME. BEING LOVED SO MUCH THAT JESUS IS PREPARING A PLACE FOR ME AND ALL HIS FAMILY TO BE IN THEIR PRESENCE AND NO CAN TAKE THAT FROM US.

5. dolagibb August 23, 2013 at 5:52 PM #

Thanks so much and Keep up the good work! Love DG <

6. ann dee August 24, 2013 at 4:13 AM #

Thank for your inspirational, heart touching and encouraging article

7. Ellen August 24, 2013 at 9:07 AM #

I love this – I’ve alway been a believer but Heaven seems so much closer now that my husband of 43 years is there. It gives me so much joy when I think of him in Heaven and that I’ll see him again some day.