August 6, 2013

Today Is Your Best Day…

Clouds.OK.mmitm.mjb

You may be going through a very difficult time today, but that does not mean this is your worst day. God will use the difficulty to produce precious things within you that you will treasure in days to come. There may be pressures in your day, but God uses pressure to form diamonds. There may be a fiery trial in your day, but God uses fire to purify gold. There may be an irritant in your day, but God uses irritants to create pearls. If you are in need of comfort today, God will bring His comfort to you, and the comfort you receive will help you comfort someone tomorrow.

Corrie ten Boom once said, “God doesn’t have problems, He only has plans.” God doesn’t make bad days for you and good days for you. God makes each day fit perfectly into His plans for you. He made this day so you could glorify Him. He made this day so that He could draw you closer to His heart. He made this day so that you could see your life from faith’s point of view.

This is an excerpt from Today is Your Best Day, by Roy Lessin. If you are on Facebook, please “like” Meet Me In The Meadow and find a free inspirational graphic to use as a cover photo.
Join us here next Tuesday, as we feature another selection from this inspiring book.  ~Marina

Comments:

12 Responses to “Today Is Your Best Day…”

1. Kathy @ In Quiet Places August 6, 2013 at 6:16 AM #

I daily remind myself that my life is in God’s hands and He is the one with the plan, whatever I do as I seek to follow Him, HE is the one with the plan.

2. Pam Hampton August 6, 2013 at 10:11 AM #

Your daily excerpt’s are soooooooooooo encouraging. The Lord knew I needed that message today, but also, for so many other difficult, challenging and overwhelming days yet to come. Meet me in the Meadow is truly a FAVORITE! Thank you for sharing!

3. karyn August 6, 2013 at 1:33 PM #

I love your pin. So lovely.

4. Terre Mooney August 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM #

Thank you…I find reading Meet me in the Meadow by Roy Lessin helping me through so many difficult days. It never ceases to amaze me the messages are as if they were written just for me in that moment .Thank you to all who make this happen…truly a blessing

5. Ethel May Miller August 6, 2013 at 10:18 PM #

I always enjoy the pearls of wisdom and encouragement you send my way.I felt like your family story was very moving — I enjoy historical “stuff” and you gave much background as your family came to the Lord — and to America. Thank you for all you do.

6. Esther Lindberg August 7, 2013 at 1:48 AM #

Timely wisdom! So encouraging in my present circumstances. God impressed on me last week that He was ordering my steps and put His glorious label of His grace on what enables me to greater understand others with similar experience. PTL!
    SHALOM!

7. Barbara Johnston August 7, 2013 at 7:49 AM #

I cannot tell you how many of your emails have touched me during the last 6 months as my husband, a pastor, has been walking a cancer journey. He is presently in hospital and at a low point and we know his time is limited, but your choice of topic has so often lifted my heart and encouraged me and given strength when mine is gone. I am now printing them off and pinning them up for him to read in his hospital room. For this we have Jesus, and we know He will lead us through, but the journey is presently very difficult.

• mary Brewer August 14, 2013 at 11:07 PM #

Hello: I read your story and was truly inspired by it. I also have a baby brother dying of Pancreatic Cancer. He is on his last days be it GOD’s Will when that comes. It is nice to hear the goodness that comes from trials we endure through our life, and how GOD responds to them. He knows before we pray and what we need. He is our ROCK and Strenght. May the LORD be with you and your husband, to give him comfort and LOVE. When we know the LORD, as we should; compassionate and forgiving, we have no “fear” of death. But it is hard being the one left behind. But we have to remember HE will give us chances to help others and that will help give us strenght just as HE has done for others. May you and your husband find peace and blessings now…. and forever. mary

8. Zara Villalba August 7, 2013 at 9:38 AM #

I felt so down these past few days and I thank God that He lead me to read this devotion for today that gives encouragement. He is truly amazing God and He knows what is best for His children. Thank you God! God bless your sharing.

9. Annie August 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM #

I was so much blessed by the simple yet profound truths of this message. Shared this to numerous friends and many of them responded that they were blessed by it also. Thanks so much Marina.

10. mary Brewer August 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM #

I wanted to say how much these passages have meant to me and during my good and bad days, trials. and difficulties. Today I was called to aid our maintenance man, who fell 2 floor from a roof. He was laying face down,unresponsive, bleeding, and nearly in shock. I placed my hands on this man in prayer to Our Lord for His Mercy on him, and asked HIM to be there with him, and deliver him from death. He had serious injuries, but the care flight got him to trama in time, and is now in a Hospital facility in ICU. He has a long road ahead of him, but I know his faith is strong and felt GOD was calling me today at that very moment. HE gave me the chance to do something for someone who needed help. I was so grateful to OUR LORD for that cry for ” HELP”, that is as though the LORD was calling me himself… Praise GOD today for all His Goodness and Mercy! Mary B

11. Sarah.Kelley August 8, 2014 at 2:02 AM #

Reading this a year later than posted, but feels like it was written for me today. God is so good to care for us “in the meadow!”