September 9, 2013

On His Shoulders, Over His Heart!

borneonHisshoulders.mmitm.mjb

(The high priest) Aaron will carry the names of the tribes of Israel on the sacred chest piece over his heart when he goes into the Holy Place. This will be a continual reminder that he represents the people when he comes before the Lord. Exodus 28:29 NLT

Take two onyx stones, and engrave on them the names of the tribes of Israel. Six names will be on each stone, arranged in the order of the births of the original sons of Israel. Engrave these names on the two stones in the same way a jeweler engraves a seal. Then mount the stones in settings of gold filigree. Fasten the two stones on the shoulder-pieces of the ephod as a reminder that Aaron represents the people of Israel. Aaron will carry these names on his shoulders as a constant reminder whenever he goes before the Lord. Exodus 28:9-12 NLT

An important part of the ministry of the high priest was to be a representative of God’s people and bring them before the Lord. To help Israel understand this ministry of intercession, the high priest carried the names of the tribes of Israel in two different places. The first place was upon a breastplate that was over his heart, and the second place was on two engraved stones that were set on his shoulders.

Today, we are represented before God by our Great High Priest, the Lord Jesus Christ. He is representing us, as God’s people, completely and perfectly as our merciful Intercessor in heaven.

Jesus carries your name into the holiest place of all. You are borne on His shoulders, carried upon His heart, represented in His intercession, forgiven through His mercies, given favor by His grace. As your High Priest, Jesus knows your need and can fully identify with your sorrows, your suffering, your weariness, and your temptations.

Jesus, your High Priest, carries you on the strength of His shoulders to bear you up in all your trials; He keeps you close to His heart with the deepest attention and affection; He represents you before the Father with compassionate and sympathetic understanding.

Jesus, your High Priest, strengthens you and succors you; upholds you and undergirds you; carries you and cares for you; represents you and remembers you. He is praying that you will prosper and fully succeed in all the will of God.

You can be assured that Jesus, your faithful High Priest, the One who knows you best and loves you most, holds you close in the depths of His heart, and is carrying you upon the strength of His shoulders.

Comments:

8 Responses to “On His Shoulders, Over His Heart!”

1. Sharon September 9, 2013 at 10:40 AM #

Thank you for your messages and good words of encouragement. I just recently found Meet Me In The Meadow and they have been a blessing to me. This message is very comforting to know I am carried on His shoulders and over His heart. Thank you,

Sharon

2. Sandra Crittenden September 9, 2013 at 1:21 PM #

THANK YOU BIG BROTHER FOR ALL YOU DO AND DOING FOR ME!!! MUCH LOVE YOUR SISTER!!!

3. Amy September 9, 2013 at 4:46 PM #

Meet Me in the Meadow has been a source of encouragement since I subscribed. I have been sharing it with others as well and they too have been encouraged.

The Lord continue to bless your ministry!

4. Jeanne Bowser September 9, 2013 at 5:05 PM #

Wow!! This is awesome good news.I want to be able to write half as good as you do as I pursue my book writing.

5. Coralie September 9, 2013 at 5:29 PM #

What a joy to read your devotionals. They always come from a perspective that makes one truly think about what our Lord has done for each and every one of us. The Lord’s planning from the foundation of the Earth has been meticulous. Love and blessings.

6. Diane Morgan September 10, 2013 at 1:55 AM #

Thank you once again for your encouraging words. They really were uplifting and that thought will remain with me – I have passed it on to a few others who I am sure will also be blessed by it. For your faithfulness to our Lord and His Word I am truly grateful as it impacts my life and others have commented that they appreciated the forward.

7. karyn September 13, 2013 at 12:25 PM #

How beautiful. Thank YOU LORD JESUS for YOUR LOVE for me.

8. Carol Wengrowich September 15, 2013 at 3:16 AM #

Thank you so much for this writing. I have been through some horrendous heartbreaks in the last few years after years of knowing the Lord. My hope was almost gone and as I have experienced my heavenly Father ‘defibrillate’ me back to life (metaphorically), from an ever-deepening depression of 20 years, all I can say is thank you for these most comforting words that help to sustain me and remind me of the amazing, all-inclusive and irresistible love of our Savior. All praise be to Jesus!! May God bless you and keep you in this precious ministry you have been given. Stand firm to the end, dear brother in Christ.