October 14, 2013

God is Love. God is Good.

GodLovesYou.mmitm.mjb

We love Him because He first loved us. 1 John 4:19 NKJV

The goodness of God endures continually. Psalm 52:1 NKJV

God is love. God is good.
God loves you. God is good to you.

God is unchangeable.

God’s love for you and goodness to you have never changed, and will not change. God demonstrated His goodness and love for you in the Gospel of His Son. It is a truth that He has confirmed and sealed with a promise and an oath.

God didn’t need to “fall in love with you.” He has always loved you.
You didn’t do anything to earn His love. His love has always been.

God loves you completely. He loves you today as He has always loved you—with the same breadth, length, height, and depth. His love can never be depleted or diminished. He doesn’t love you more today than He did yesterday, and He won’t love you less tomorrow than He does at this very moment.

God is good to you. He is not good to you because you have earned it. God is good to you because it is in His nature to be good. He is only good and always good. (“God is good to us and loves to bless us, He can’t help Himself.” –Dean Kerns)

Since you can’t earn God’s love or goodness, what can you do?

You can respond to His love and goodness—
(What shall I render to the Lord for all His benefits toward me? [How can I repay Him for all His bountiful dealings?] I will lift up the cup of salvation and deliverance and call on the name of the Lord. Psalm 116:12-13 AMP )

You can believe the Gospel (to believe the Gospel is to say “yes” to His love and goodness through your repentance and faith).
You can thank Him, and praise Him!
You can glorify Him and honor Him.
You can worship Him and place all at His feet.
You can seek Him and trust Him.
You can joyfully obey Him.
You can delight in Him and enjoy Him.
And most of all, you can love Him with all your heart!

Comments:

8 Responses to “God is Love. God is Good.”

1. Sandy Renaud October 14, 2013 at 10:25 AM #

What a wonderful message to start our ‘Canadian Thanksgiving Day’! We have so much to be ‘thankful for always’ but today we take time to remember all the things in our lives that we’re so grateful for; and mainly for the ‘unconditional love of God our Savior’!

Thank you for your wonderful messages!
    With Gratitude, Sandy

2. karyn October 14, 2013 at 10:54 AM #

Amen.
    O my Father in heaven LOVES me so much. This is so true. HE tells me so. There is nothing in this world that can compare to the LOVE that is to be found in Christ JESUS. Nothing compares to HIS LOVE.
    Amen amen and amen.

3. Elaine October 14, 2013 at 11:00 AM #

A wonderful reminder–almost gave me goose bumps to read it as it is so great and true.

4. G. Crawford October 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM #

I’m always blessed by The Word.
    Thank you for the wonderful inspirational it is so encouraging especially in times like these!
    Peaceful blessings. . .

5. Sandra Crittenden October 14, 2013 at 12:49 PM #

THANK YOU DADDY FOR YOUR PRECIOUS LOVE EVEN I DO NOT DESERVE. BUT YOU LOVE ME THROUGH ME THROUGH TIME AND SPACE WITH YOUR LOVE THAT NO ONE CAN TAKE AWAY.

6. Ai Boon October 14, 2013 at 5:50 PM #

Dear Roy,

Thank you for your faithfulness in encouraging many people through your online devotionals. Here is today’s response in song – You can worship Him
    God bless you abundantly with joy, love and peace.

Best rgds,
    Ai Boon

7. Marsha October 14, 2013 at 9:49 PM #

For the last few days I have felt I needed to pray that God would fill me with His love so that I, in turn, could share more of Him to others. Your timely message came straight from the heart of God, and I thank you for sharing His heart, His character with us. Very profound and comforting!

8. Maxine October 15, 2013 at 8:43 AM #

With my whole heart I will bless The Lord for the unchangeable richness of his mercy, grace and love…Grateful~!!!