November 6, 2013

The Caregiver’s Prayer

the caregivers prayer3.mmitm.mjb

Father, help me, by Your grace, to be a caregiver as You care for us—work through my hands with the touch of compassion, see through my eyes with the clarity of understanding, shine through my countenance with the light of kindness, speak through my voice with the words of comfort and encouragement, minister through my spirit with grace and patience, and give through my heart with the never-ending gift of love. Amen!

Now may our Lord Jesus Christ Himself and God our Father, who loved us and by His grace gave us eternal comfort and a wonderful hope, comfort you and strengthen you in every good thing you do and say. 2 Thessalonians 2:16-17

Comments:

13 Responses to “The Caregiver’s Prayer”

1. Linda Mitroff November 6, 2013 at 5:46 AM #

Roy-This is wonderful! I have been a caregiver by profession and am currently caregiving my mom in law. This is perfect timing!

• ann brown November 7, 2013 at 12:58 AM #

Hi Linda
      I am caring for mother in law too!!!
      I loved the caregivers prayer…so needed !!

2. erma Greene November 6, 2013 at 10:37 AM #

I have been in private duty nursing for 55 years…widowed twice. after carring for spouse
    now precious husband of 7+yrs on Hospice Brain Cancer..6mo.to yr after 2yrs. of onstant
    care…At age 81+ I can say GOD has stood by me..But admit body an mind tired. My grand daughter sent me your encouraging notes
    thank you!.

3. Sandra Crittenden November 6, 2013 at 11:27 AM #

THANK YOU ROY FOR THESE ENCOURAGING WORDS FROM GOD. I NEEDED THIS TODAY. I AM TAKING CARE OF MY SISTER AND IT GET HARD SOMETIMES. I KNOW THIS WHERE GOD HAVE PLACE ME. I GAVE UP MY JOB AS THE LORD ASK TO DO THIS. I DID NOT KNOW AT THE TIME THIS WHERE I WOULD END UP BUT I SEE THE LORD’S HANDS IN MY LIFE GETTING ME READY FOR THE THINGS HE HAVE PROMISED ME TO TAKE CARE OTHERS. ENDURE AND PERSERVANCE IN THE LORD I HAVE TO DO FOR HE IS THE ONLY ONE I TRUST TO GET ME THROUGH.

4. Evelyn Crawford November 6, 2013 at 2:56 PM #

Thanks, speaking of perfect timing, today
    was the very day, I needed this posting.
    It touch my heart for sure. I have been
    caring for my huband for a long period of
    time, and now I have a health issue to
    deal with. After reading this I had to
    give praise to God, because it could not
    have been listed at a better time. God is
    so Good, and alway’s there when we need
    Him the most.
    God Bless you

5. Judy Taylor November 6, 2013 at 4:44 PM #

My husband and I cared for my daddy who had alzheimers for 14 years. My mom age 86 has heart failure and combined it was over whelming at times. I always prayed Lord give me no more than we can handle. Well we saw daddy to the end. Still caring for mom but I can tell you one thing we did not do it on our own, God’s strength gets us through each and every day. By His grace.

6. Sharyn November 6, 2013 at 9:13 PM #

God bless you daily with His strength and comfort Roy.
    Yes a beautiful prayer and way of living daily dependent on His Holy Spirit.
    Blessings,
    Sharyn

7. Eugenia Rubio November 7, 2013 at 12:17 AM #

I need not say more because I identify with everthing all you people have written. I am also caring for my hubby with cáncer.I know that I can do all things in Chist who strengthens me. AMEN?

• Marcia Myers November 11, 2013 at 12:41 AM #

I too am caring for my husband who has cancer. We recently were told there is no more treatments that can be done or that would help. He has pancreatic cancer and was diagnosed last April. We don’t know how much time he has left, but we are trying to make the most of the time he has left. God is holding us as we go through this ordeal and he comforts us daily. I don’t know how I’d get through this without Him.

8. Carol November 7, 2013 at 11:48 AM #

Thank you for this caregiver’s prayer. I pray something similar to this each day, but this reaffirms it and is a beautiful prayer for those of us who are caring for anyone. I’m the caregiver for my wonderful husband who has Ataxia.

9. Helen Tisdale November 8, 2013 at 12:39 PM #

Thankyou so very much for this beautiful prayer & scripture that has now come to life for me! I am a mother & caretaker for my 40yr. old special needs son. What a needed subject to address for so many who don’t have the support they need. I love all of your writing!

• Linda Tisdale Livingston November 8, 2013 at 1:33 PM #

Dear Helen, He does pray things I feel but cannot put into words.
      We share the same name, are we related? I have a friend Beth who is a caregiver for her 20 something son, Aaron who has been in the hospital since Jan with multiple organ transplants in Los Angeles. I’m going to send it to her.

10. Margaret Polino Nicholas January 31, 2014 at 9:18 AM #

My husband cares for me. I pray he can continue. He does most himself, and is not that healthy himself. His daily care is such an act of love.