November 8, 2013

The Caregiver’s Song

theLordismystrength2.mmitm.mjb

Father, You’re the strength that lifts the burden,
You’re the oil that soothes the pain;
You’re the sunlight when there’s darkness,
You’re the shelter in the rain.
You’re the hand that brings all healing,
You’re the song that calms all fear;
You’re the peace that brings all comfort,
You’re the God who’s always near.

The Lord is my strength and my song; He has given me victory. Psalm 118:14 NLT

Comments:

12 Responses to “The Caregiver’s Song”

1. Philomena Pidgeon November 8, 2013 at 8:59 AM #

Thanks for giving these words of encouragement to me today.

2. DOLLY MARSHALL November 8, 2013 at 10:19 AM #

PRAISE THE LORD, FOR THIS WONDERFUL SONG,FOR HE TRULY IS MY STRENGTH EVERY DAY. THANK YOU THIS WORD TODAY.

3. Janet F Broyles November 8, 2013 at 10:41 AM #

Thanks for the CAREGIVER’S PRAYER as well as the CAREGIVER’S SONG. I am learning to be God’s caregiver for my 83-year-old Mom since her stroke 11-27-11. Sometimes I fail miserably, but I want so much to take good care of her the way God wants me to do. Your postings are always very helpful to me, but especially now that I am a caregiver for someone I love dearly.
    JFB (Oklahoma)

• Iris November 9, 2013 at 10:21 AM #

Thank you for sharing JFB. I am caring for my 85 year old mom and I know the frustration you feel at times and the falling short. I seem to fall short quite often but knowing that God truly is our strength I make it through. God Bless you, IGL (MO)

4. Sandra Crittenden November 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM #

THANK YOU DADDY FOR GIVING ME ALL I NEED TO TAKE CARE ALL YOU HAVE PUT IN MY LIFE. THANK YOU DADDY FOR LOVING ME AND TAKING CARE OF ME. I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART!!! YOUR DAUGHTER!

5. Helen Tisdale November 8, 2013 at 12:46 PM #

I am so hoping you have more inspiration & encouragement for the caregiver! Thankyou!

• Maxine Tisdale November 13, 2013 at 8:09 PM #

Thank you for the encouraging post. I to am caring for an 88 & 84 year old mother and mother-inlaw. Some days it’s hard and I just want to give up. My mom has been with us for 8 and 1/2 years now. The days are long and trying. These post and the prayer helps to know that I am not alone. God bless.

6. Eve November 9, 2013 at 2:22 AM #

Thank you Roy for the beautiful prayer and the song. I recite the prayer daily as I have my old mum living with me and I find the strength to be more patient with her.
    Thank You Holy Spirit for giving Roy insights that he shares with us your children.
    God Bless

7. Glenora November 9, 2013 at 12:41 PM #

Sharing insprirations is caring for and feeding his sheep! Thank You for your spirit filled messages.

8. Gale November 9, 2013 at 3:43 PM #

Blessings from your Caregiver Scriptures and Song! Taking care of my husband is an emotional roller coaster, but God sustains us. “Pray Without Ceasing” 1Thessalonians 5:17 Thank you for your Spirit-Filled messages. #HeIsGreater #CareGiver SeattleKindaDay

9. KAREN MARSHALL November 9, 2013 at 4:47 PM #

We have moved my aging mother in with us over a year ago. She shows signs of dimentia or alzhiemers and is progressively getting worse. It is extremely difficult at times to deal with her changing behavior and attitude. I want to care for her in a way that is pleasing to God. I fail much of the time. The last few posts have really been helpful and they are instruemental in starting up a support group of women who are in the same situation that I am in. I will use these posts as a help to get us through. Thank you and I will be watching for more.

10. Julia November 10, 2013 at 11:11 PM #

In sickness and in health, caregiver of my husband of 24 years who is currently at MD Anderson hospital in Houston, Texas. Thanks for the encouragement. God is holding us in His hands. Trusting Jesus to work it all out. Healthy blessings everyone. Romans 8:28