January 1, 2014

A Brighter Day

in2014.mmitm.mjb

The way of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, which shines ever brighter until the full light of day. Proverbs 4:18 NLT

The celebration of the New Year often brings the hope of better things to come. However, the New Year is only a measure of time, and has no power to change a life or make a heart new. When the clock changed from 11:59 PM on December 31, to 12:00 AM on January 1, those who were restless remained without peace, those who were without light continued to stumble in the darkness, and those who were downhearted walked on without true hope.

It is only in the Gospel that we find God’s power to change a life and make a heart new (Ezekiel 11:19). In 2014, Jesus remains the only Savior from sin, the only Lord of life, the only King of glory, the only way to the Father, the only Truth that liberates the captive, and the only Bread that satisfies the heart’s deepest hunger.

In 2014, let us wave His banner, sing His song, and celebrate His righteousness. He is the hope we carry in our hearts through every sunrise and sunset, until the coming of that brighter day, when His shout will be heard, the trumpet will sound, the Kingdom will come, the King will reign, and the scepter to rule will be held in His hand.

Nations may falter and rulers may fail,
Sin may be rampant and evil assail;
But there is a glory, within, past the veil,
A Kingdom of Truth where love shall prevail.

{SHARE IT! Click here to use our NEW sharing tools!}

Comments:

8 Responses to “A Brighter Day”

1. Teddi Robeson January 1, 2014 at 11:15 AM #

This is especially fitting for me today. Both of my prents died this past week. They were 94 and 95 1/2.They died after 75 years of marriage. Hospice helped us so much. They neither suffered and I am so thankful.
    They are togerher again after being apart for just 7 days.

• Angelique January 4, 2014 at 2:47 AM #

Teddi, I’m so very sorry for your loss, but rejoice in the way you live out the blessed hope at such a time. Uplifting you in prayer!

• Aileen Teo January 9, 2014 at 8:36 PM #

SHALOM, Terri.
      It is only temporary separation from your parents. It may be a loss, but it is also gain, bcos you will be reunited with them for all eternity in the glorious Presence of our LORD & SAVIOR – JESUS CHRIST & GOD the Father. Right now, they are having a time of their lives. By the way, they are not dead at all. It only a change of address, but the best – in heaven forever with JESUS! DADDY GOD IS in you. HE lives in you through the Holy Spirit. We are not orphans. You are not orphan bcos Jesus, our Everlasting Father is in you, the Hope of Glory! HE IS your STRENGTH! HE IS whatever you need HIM to be.
      SHALOM to you and to your family

2. Tamatha Knauber January 1, 2014 at 2:00 PM #

It is so true it is only through God are we able to truly at PEACE. Everything else falls short in comparison to the Almighty God, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. Through him we are able to obtain righteousness by total surrender of our will and come under his authority . Only by yielding to his will that we can experience Freedom, Peace, Assurance like we have never known. The things of the world will only fill a void for a short time then we are left empty, and dry (filled only with the desires of the world). Thank-you Jesus for you are the God of second chances if we are willing to call out to you.

3. Steven Roberts January 1, 2014 at 2:04 PM #

This arrives as I am struggling to find employment. I have been blessed in the last year with three business trips. I know that god will provide this inspiration will definitely help me keep going.

4. Philomena January 3, 2014 at 8:23 AM #

This devotion helps me to cling to what is good and it reminds me to keep going and to never loose my Hope in God. My wonderful husband died a year ago this month. My heart aches and I have to push myself to keep going. Where is God in all of this suffering. I want .y husband back.

5. paula rouner January 3, 2014 at 8:43 AM #

I enjoy the message you send out reaching many for the Lord, as well as giving hope at the most appropriate time. Seems the Lord orchestrates such work. Thank you for listening to the Lord.
    Paula