January 24, 2014

Fret buster: #117

01242014.mmitm.mjb

Casting the whole of your care [all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all] on Him, for He cares for you affectionately and cares about you watchfully. 1 Peter 5:7 AMP

Once we give our worries to God, He doesn’t want us to worry about how He is going to take care of our worries. He is Almighty and knows how to take care of us and we can leave the details with Him.

I think it harder Lord, to cast
the cares of those I love on You, than to cast mine.

We, growing older, learn at last
that You are merciful and kind.

Not one time have You failed me,
Lord—Why fear that You will fail mine?
—Author unknown

How can you fret when you are wrapped in His covenant? Your Heavenly Father is so eager to care for you, that while you are timidly asking for a nibble of peace and joy, He is longing for you to open your mouth wide so He can fill it.
–William Gurnall

Comments:

7 Responses to “Fret buster: #117”

1. Karen Barry January 24, 2014 at 8:31 AM #

Amen… Needed to hear this today

2. Tamatha Knauber January 24, 2014 at 1:30 PM #

The Lord tells us To cast all our cares upon Him, for he cares for us. He doesn’t tell us to cast only the cares that we can’t handle ourselves; but we are to cast _ALL our cares upon him. How many of us can truly say that we cast all our cares upon him? We are told many times in the Bible that He will not leave us, nor forsake us. I wonder how many of us actually believe that. There are many promises that the Heavenly Father makes to his children in the Bible. He cares for us unconditionally !We love Him because he first loved us! Which is amazing to me! Praise be to the Almighty Father. What a Awesome God we serve!

3. Sandra Crittenden January 24, 2014 at 2:25 PM #

FORGIVE ME LORD WHEN I SOMETIMES WORRY WHEN YOU SAID ALL IS WELL. THANK YOU MR. LESSIN FOR THIS TODAY!!!

4. Dorothy Rentel January 24, 2014 at 5:54 PM #

Thank you for reminding me that it’s important to leave our cares for the Lord each day, and that there is no need for worry. Just like He takes care of the little sparrow so will He take care of us. He is our Father and we can trust Him.

5. Esther January 25, 2014 at 12:50 AM #

This is so comforting… I worry about my children and the future.. I need to let go and give God full control.

6. Eve January 26, 2014 at 12:06 AM #

Thank you Roy for this beautiful reminder that our Heavenly Father is Almighty and cares about every detail of our lives . All that He asks in return that we trust Him. Lord I believe, help my unbelief.

7. Donna J April 6, 2014 at 5:00 PM #

I have troubles that I hold on tight to because they are my family’s cares and so become mine. Time to pray but not stress.