February 8, 2014

A Caregiver’s Service

Dear Friends,
We sent this out Friday, but then it was brought to our attention that a word was missing from the quote, which greatly changed the meaning of the message! We apologize to you for the error, and pray that reading it again will bless you. Thank you for your grace towards us!
Grace and peace,
Marina… for Roy and the team

02072014.mmitm2.mjb

God has not called you to the place of perfect service,
But to the place of faithful service…
Not to the place of work without rest,
But to the place of rest in your work…
Not to the place of making everyone happy,
but to the place of pleasing Him.

“I will not give up as long as there is strength in His arm, tenderness in His heart, and truth in His promise.” William Gurnall

Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” Matthew 11:28-30 NLT

Comments:

6 Responses to “A Caregiver’s Service”

1. Ernie Atkinson February 7, 2014 at 12:06 PM #

Amen. Our true Rest in responsibility

2. Tamatha Knauber February 7, 2014 at 1:00 PM #

Roy, Your message is one we can all hear! Especially being a parent at times (too many to name) you feel stressed, and heavy with burdens. It is a big responsible to ensure someone’s welfare. Being parents we don’t come with an owner’s manual. So, with that said it takes me down on my knees asking for God to strengthen me with his Holy power. Lord is available to us when we call out and ask for him by name. It is through him that our burdens are lightened and our strength is renewed by knowing that only He provides the rest, and comfort that we need to carry on. Our Holy Father is so good! He knows our wants and our desires before we even come to him in prayer. This is possible because he dwells within us if we are “born again”. We are supposed to be obedient and come to him with our payers.

3. Sandra Crittenden February 7, 2014 at 2:02 PM #

Amen!!!

4. Ruth VanDyke February 9, 2014 at 1:08 PM #

I have been a caregiver for years .But now I guess The Lord wanted me to rest for a while. Someone has to take care of me I am so thankfull to have a daughter who is so good to me.the good Lord has blessed me…Praise God.

5. Donna Seekings February 11, 2014 at 8:19 PM #

I had been a CNA and Lead Caregiver for years.It is a gratifying job to be able to care for our seniors and loved ones.Sometimes you are their only family.Great scripture.

6. Noel Whent March 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM #

I have been a caregiver for almost three years now… to my Beloved! He is worth all the time and care that I can give him. I keep asking for His supernatural strength to keep me going; and as much time as He will allow to deliver my Beloved spiritually. We are so very grateful for the years He has given to us. Thank you Roy for all that you share. God’s Word is my Life Preserver… Thank you so much. Blessings to you and all who are helped by your writings. PTL!!!