May 9, 2014

The World and the Kingdom

05092014.mmitm.mjb

Jesus answered, “My kingdom doesn’t belong to this world.” John 18:36 GW

This world is not my home I’m just a passing through
My treasures are laid up somewhere beyond the blue
The angels beckon me from heaven’s open door
And I can’t feel at home in this world anymore.
-Reeves

The world calls us to be conformed; the kingdom calls us to be transformed.

The world invites us to partake of its spirit; the kingdom invites us to partake of the Spirit of the Lord.

The world welcomes us into its darkness; the kingdom welcomes us into the light.

The world offers us membership; the kingdom offers us ambassadorship.

The world points us to personal gratification; the kingdom points us to the cross.

The world instructs us to follow its way; the kingdom instructs us to follow Christ’s way.

The world bids us to celebrate sin; the kingdom bids us to celebrate salvation.

The world seeks our friendship; the kingdom seeks our discipleship.

The world wants us to join in; the kingdom wants us to overcome.

The world proposes the immediate; the kingdom proposes the things that will last forever.

When Jesus stood before Pilate, Jesus told him that His kingdom was not of this world. As His disciples, we too belong to the kingdom that is not of this world. Jesus is the King of that kingdom, and we are under His command.

We have been called to a higher purpose and to a greater good than what the kingdoms of this world have to offer its followers.

The Lord does not want His people to think like the world, worry like the world, fear like the world, plan like the world, invest like the world, or value things like the world.

The world is not our stage and we are not actors performing upon it.

We are children of God, followers of the Lamb, and servants of the King. We have a holy calling, an eternal commission, and a divine purpose. We have been set apart to demonstrate His kingdom, manifest His heart, and to make Him known in our generation.

1 Corinthians 2:12, Philippians 2:15, Romans 12:2, 2 Corinthians 5:19-20, John 17:15, Galatians 6:14, Colossians 2:6-9, 1Timothy 1:15James 4:4, 2 Peter 2:20, 1 John 2:15, 1 John 2:17

Comments:

7 Responses to “The World and the Kingdom”

1. Vincy May 9, 2014 at 9:28 AM #

I am part of His Kingdom! Oh, what a privilege!

2. Marilyn Saxon May 9, 2014 at 11:23 AM #

Thank you for the blessing of this post. I have been studying 1 John in a women’s online Bible study. I was reading “Love not the world or the things of the world…” in 1 John and in my email I came across your daily piece. I love the way you put things in lists and give comparisons. It is so very helpful to me and I am sure to others, also.
    God bless you, Roy.

Marilyn
    South Carolina

3. Sandra Crittenden May 9, 2014 at 2:12 PM #

THIS WORLD IS NOT BY HOME FOR I HAVE A HOME IN THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN WITH JESUS AND THE FATHER.

4. Sarah.Kelley May 10, 2014 at 5:10 AM #

Our “holy calling” is not always an easy path! Hearing our Shepherd’s voice “in the meadow” surely helps us keep our focus on the eternal kingdom and not the temporal world. Thank you, Bro. Roy and Staff for your labors of love!

5. Marian May 11, 2014 at 2:07 PM #

Thank you Bro Roy for so succinctly reminding us of the difference between us as Kingdom children and children of the world . May our Lord and Saviour continue to richly bless your ministry.

6. Ruth Foxall May 11, 2014 at 5:20 PM #

A good thought about our heavenly home.

7. SHIRLEY HUBBARD June 14, 2014 at 8:42 AM #

Thank you again I cannot get enough spiritual
    Food