May 23, 2014

What to Do in Difficult Times…2 Don’ts and 1 Do

05232014.mmitm.wp.mjb

When you are in a struggle, when dark clouds hover, when disappointment or betrayal meet you unexpectedly, what is the best way to respond? Here are three things to always remember.

Don’t give in.
We are not to give in to the things the enemy wants to use to bring us into defeat. His scheme is to have us focus the eyes of our faith upon the darkness of the cloud that has appeared over us, rather than focusing upon the glory of His light that shines over us and above it all.

Don’t give up.
Don’t give up on life. There is hope. It is not all over. What has happened is a chapter in your story, but it is not the final chapter. If people are directly involved in the problem, don’t give up on them. Forgive. Pray for everyone involved. Speak blessings over their lives (it is a good thing to desire God’s best for every life).

Do give the matter to the Lord.
He knows what has happened, He knows your heart, and He knows exactly what to do. God can make a way, open a door, build a bridge, restore a loss, heal a wound, or renew a relationship. Let Him work. Wait. God still changes hearts.

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. Give all your worries and cares to God, for He cares about you. Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour. Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are. In His kindness God called you to share in His eternal glory by means of Christ Jesus. So after you have suffered a little while, He will restore, support, and strengthen you, and He will place you on a firm foundation. All power to Him forever! Amen. 1 Peter 5:6-11 NLT

Comments:

8 Responses to “What to Do in Difficult Times…2 Don’ts and 1 Do”

1. Faye May 23, 2014 at 10:33 AM #

In difficult times, the challenge for me has been the ‘wait’ I have learned through experiencing those times that God’s ways are not my ways and His thoughts are not my thoughts. Afterall He is God and everything He has promised is truth. In my waiting period God not only takes care of the difficult situations but He also strengthens me. He teaches me more about Him and myself everytime I think life is hard and difficult

Thank you for MEET ME IN THE MEADOW. ..

2. Sandra Crittenden May 23, 2014 at 3:05 PM #

THANK YOU FOR THE ENCOURAGING WORDS. I NEED THIS.

3. Eva Kristiaman May 24, 2014 at 6:51 AM #

Many thanks, Roy, so true and encouraging me in the right time. Thanks Marina for the beautiful photo. God bless you all!

4. Laura Rivera Sibayan May 24, 2014 at 7:18 AM #

Thank you.
    Very enlightening, inspiring and strengthening.

5. Sue May 24, 2014 at 10:34 AM #

Thank you for the encouragement today

6. Lilian May 24, 2014 at 10:42 AM #

Thank you brother for this profound and meaningful meditation. Do nor give up when discouragement wants to settle in. Do not give up on people and all God wants to do for the good of those who love Him. And take it all to the LORD in prayer, empty your heart from all that is breaking it and tearing it apart because Jesus can mend it, always, forever. Set your eyes on Him for He cares and is watching everything that concerns you!!

7. Marie May 26, 2014 at 1:18 AM #

Thank you for the uplifting Word of God.Been in a difficult trial involving people and been struggling with forgiveness .
    I give God all glory for who He is

8. Noreen June 13, 2014 at 6:50 PM #

You have no idea how much this comforts me today. I realized earlier, through the grace of God, that I needed to pray for mercy on the soul of the friend who hurt me and then passed away. I have been praying all along, but asking the Lord for mercy brought immense relief from the hurt. Reading this truly helped me even further. Thank you.