June 13, 2014

Grace: Romans 5:2

06132014.mmitm.mjb.wp

Through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand. Romans 5:2 NKJV

Jesus, thank you for being the gateway into grace. Your grace has not laid me low, but lifted me up; it has not written me off, but brought me in; it has not left me destitute, but filled with heaven’s riches.

Your grace brought wholeness to a life that was broken, beauty to a life that was unlovely, favor to a life that was unacceptable, tenderness to a life that was hardened, and acceptance to a life in the need of Your all-embracing love. I celebrate the “so much more” of Your grace…the “so much more” that abounds and enables me to live purely, freely, and triumphantly over the sin that held me captive and kept me from You.

No one can give like You give—Your grace follows grace, Your blessing follows blessing, Your generosity follows generosity. Your grace flows on like a river, pours out like the rain, and descends like a waterfall into the desert places of my heart.

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:1-5 NKJV

Comments:

7 Responses to “Grace: Romans 5:2”

1. Kathy @ In Quiet Places June 13, 2014 at 6:25 AM #

Living in His grace is definitely living in the “so much more.” So much more than we deserve.

2. Sarah.Kelley June 13, 2014 at 8:58 AM #

I’ve always loved that phrase “grace wherein I stand”, and today I know that it is only by His Grace I’m able to stand! I’ll reread “your” words over & over today. You may have written them, but they came from my Shepherd! You’re like the “raven” in the Bible that God sends to feed us!

3. Irma Hoops June 13, 2014 at 9:50 AM #

Good analogy…”like the raven that God sends to feed us.” It’s such a human frailty to lose our focus midst the distractions of this earth. I so love reading Roy’s daily reminders!

4. Stepanie June 13, 2014 at 10:53 AM #

Grace – God’s wonderful grace. How underserving I feel to have God’s grace. But feel so blessed to have this special gift. I really needed this devotion in my life today. In the hectic hours of the day I tend to get lost in the hustle, bustle, frustration and even the Joy. I can always count on Roy’s words to be a wonderful reminder of where I need to place my fears and hope. Amazing Grace how sweet the sound.

5. Sandra Crittenden June 13, 2014 at 3:22 PM #

THANK YOU FOR YOUR GRACE JESUS THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME. YOU CHANGED MY HEART THROUGH THAT GRACE SO I CAN LOVE AS YOU DO. WHAT A WONDERFUL THING TO KNOW THAT I HAVE YOU IN MY HEART, BODY AND SOUL. YOU HAVE GIVEN ME SO MUCH TO SAVE ME SO I CAN HAVE A LIFE IN YOU, DADDY AND THE HOLY SPIRIT. MY LOVE GOES SO DEEP THAT I CAN NOT DESCRIBE IT BUT I KNOW THAT I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART, SOUL AND MIND. YOUR GRACE HAVE GIVEN ME THAT.

6. Frankie James June 15, 2014 at 8:23 AM #

Living in GRACE is living in the OVERFLOW / ABUNDANCE of your Father daily

7. walt lammle June 15, 2014 at 8:59 AM #

NOTE: GRACE is found ONLY in the Pauline Epistles; who better to reveal this GRACE then the Apostle Paul (SAUL) steeped in the LAW, forgiven by our loving savior, JESUS CHRIST!