June 11, 2014

Peace: Romans 5:1

06112014.mmitm.mjb.wp

We have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ.  Romans 5:1 NKJV

Father, I have received peace from You and peace with You because of Your Son’s sacrifice for me. It is amazing to know that all is well with my soul, that all has been made right in my relationship with You, and that I have been accepted in the Beloved and adopted into Your family.

I know that the enemies of peace are not the friends of Your will. You are the God of peace, the provider of peace, and the One who maintains my peace. Your peace is my safe place, my sheltered place, my abiding place. Your peace is my pathway—may every step be guided by Your peace, may every decision be governed by Your peace, may every act of service be guarded by Your peace. Let Your peace mark my footsteps, empower my words, and shield my heart.

Peace is in Your voice, peace is in Your heart, peace is in Your kingdom, peace is in Your truth, peace is in Your purposes—thank You for keeping me in perfect peace—peace transcending, peace defending, peace befriending, peace descending, peace unending.

Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; and perseverance, character; and character, hope. Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us. Romans 5:1-5 NKJV

Comments:

9 Responses to “Peace: Romans 5:1”

1. Lisa June 11, 2014 at 10:41 AM #

This is absolutely beautiful..Blessed my soul!! And actually part of answered prayers as I have been asking God to teach me what His “Perfect, Unfailing Love” looks like- and how to even understand what it means..and what a beautiful journey of discovery..Thank You for all of your writings they never cease to broaden my understanding, and draw me nearer to the heart of our lovely and beautiful Father..

2. Diane V Johnson June 11, 2014 at 1:16 PM #

PEACE: ROMANS 5:1 has been the message I have deeply needed to absorb today. Your God-inspired message went straight to my heart and soul. As a grandmother who has lost a precious 17-year-old Christian grandson almost two years ago as a result of a freak accident, I am still grieving his loss and still grieving for our daughter’s loss. Although I know we will be reunited again someday, every day is a human struggle until I “hear from God” His message He wants me to receive. Roy Lessin’s “message” is just what God wanted me to receive into my heart today. Thank you for “being there” for me.

3. Marinalva Sickler June 11, 2014 at 1:38 PM #

Peace! Only through prayers I can get through this valley. His peace carries me now when I can do anything. It’s in your hands, Lord. (An unspoken request)

4. Ernie Atkinson June 11, 2014 at 2:09 PM #

Shalom of the heart

5. Sandra Crittenden June 11, 2014 at 3:19 PM #

THANK YOU DEAR LORD FOR THE PEACE THAT LIES WITHIN MY SOULS. NOBODY BUT YOU CAN DO THAT. YOU PEACE CALMS ALL THAT AILS ME. IN PEACE WITH YOU I HAVE AND NO ONE CAN TAKE THAT FROM ME.

6. Philomena Pidgeon June 11, 2014 at 4:05 PM #

Prefect Peace – I just read this prayer tonight. Earlier this evening I was praying for my friend, she has cancer and after almost of year of grueling treatment, has been advised it hasn’t helped. Now she is a faithful Christian, many have been praying for her healing. Tonight I was telling God how I simply do not understand why this is happening to her after all the prayers that have prayed for her. Now when I read is beautiful prayer about Peace. I can at least know that God wants Peace for her, deep peace in her heart, mind and spirit. Thank you for sharing this beautiful scripture.

7. Terry & Pat Lampel June 11, 2014 at 7:20 PM #

This is so beautiful Roy–THANK YOU! We cannot be reminded often enough of the true peace which only Jesus Christ can bring to our lives!

8. Sarah.Kelley June 11, 2014 at 10:06 PM #

I’ve read this 3 times today, but I’m looking forward to reading it again before I go to sleep, and again first thing in the morning! His peace is my safe place and I love to read about it, relive and relish it. Thank you!

9. Vincy June 13, 2014 at 10:17 AM #

He is my peace. I love this!