August 4, 2014

A Believing Heart

08042014.mmitm.mjb

So we see that they could not enter in because of unbelief. Hebrews 3:19 NKJV

In the third chapter of Hebrews we discover many characteristics of an unbelieving heart. A believing heart manifests the opposite characteristics. We can see the differences in the following ways:

An unbelieving heart—is undependable and cannot be counted upon.
A believing heart—is faithful to follow God’s appointed task.

An unbelieving heart—holds the things of God loosely.
A believing heart—holds the things of God with a firm grip.

An unbelieving heart—is uncertain and insecure.
A believing heart—has a clear focus and a certain hope.

An unbelieving heart—is hard and unbending.
A believing heart—is yielding and pliable.

An unbelieving heart—provokes and murmurs against the Lord.
A believing heart—praises the Lord and seeks to please Him.

An unbelieving heart—strays and is unaware of God’s ways.
A believing heart—is sensitive to hear and follow God’s leading.

An unbelieving heart—can be easily deceived.
A believing heart—is set upon the truth and walks in the light.

An unbelieving heart—will get distracted and drift off course.
A believing heart—will press on and arrive at its desired destination.

An unbelieving heart—strives and is restless.
A believing heart—enters into God’s rest.

Prayer for a Believing Heart

Father, my heart believes in You. I believe in who You are and what You do. I believe You are wise. I believe You are just. I believe You are love. I believe You are holy. I believe You are good in all Your ways and righteous altogether. I trust in You. I rest in You. My hope is in You. You are my life, my strength, my purpose, my rest, and my future. I have no other God, no other plan, no other hope, no other option. My heart is set on You!

Comments:

9 Responses to “A Believing Heart”

1. Sarah.Kelley August 4, 2014 at 6:49 AM #

Thank you for the wonderful prayer! You give our heart the words to pour out to our Father, our God, Yes! Yes! Mine is a believing heart and is fixed on Him! I’m going to read the devo again and pray the prayer one more time before I face my day!!

2. Beverly August 4, 2014 at 12:39 PM #

I want to thank you for this message. To look at the extreme difference in a believing heart and a non believing heart. God Bless you and I am thankful for this site. I could not go on another day without the assurance of Gods grace and mercy.

3. Margareta Cronholm August 4, 2014 at 12:57 PM #

Thank you. Everytime I feel the Lord’s touch when I read your devotion

4. Sandra Crittenden August 4, 2014 at 2:10 PM #

AMEN!! MY HEART BELIEVES IN YOU FATHER!!!

5. Celeste Ann August 4, 2014 at 6:16 PM #

Your prayer is so touching and I felt the Peace of God decending on me. I was quietened and felt so much calm. thank you for this powerful prayer. To enter the gates of heaven you have to become a child of God again, Amen and thanks once again

6. Kay Cilone August 5, 2014 at 8:30 AM #

Thanks for the beautiful card with such an important message. Blessings today and always

7. Eve August 5, 2014 at 9:44 PM #

Thank you for this beautiful prayer. I have learnt so much from your devotionals. May the Holy Spirit continue to anoint you.

8. Audrey August 6, 2014 at 3:54 AM #

Awesome. Where can I go without Him? What Can I do without Him?
    What can I be without Him? Thank you for reminding us through your prayer that God is indeed our life. May the dearest Lord continously grant you new revelations of his word.

9. Linda Clark August 12, 2014 at 6:58 PM #

Thank you so much for the beautiful prayer i have grown so much in my faith scine i started i started reading your devotionals i thank God in my prayers for them. praise God i know he loves me and the road is hard but my Father is leading me home. Please pray for me and my family.Thank you and God Bless