August 1, 2014

Fret Busters #120

08012014.mmitm.mjb

Gaze into the mirror
At the look upon your face.
Is it tense and full of worry
Or calm and full of grace?

Gaze into the mirror
And see what’s shining through.
Does it show a heart that’s trusting
In the One who cares for you?

Casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. 1 Peter 5:7

Peace That Passes Understanding

We don’t need to know everything, have everything, or be able to figure everything out in order to have peace. One day, we will know even as You are known…but today is not that day.

In this life, not everything will be known, understood, explained, or resolved. We need to let go of the idea that we must be in control of our lives, our family, or our future. God’s control over us is enough…and that is all we need to know to walk in peace.

Comments:

17 Responses to “Fret Busters #120”

1. Colleen August 1, 2014 at 7:07 AM #

Calm and full of grace—the LORD is with me. My heart is filled with HOPE because I trust in Him alone! Surrendered to His control and His plans and purposes for my life. Waiting expectantly for them to be revealed. Come Holy Spirit, I NEED THEE. Thank you for the beautiful post today and everyday. They bless me greatly!

2. Zelma Douglas August 1, 2014 at 8:43 AM #

I read your message everytime it is such a Blessing to me and my Senior group GOD BLESS
    Zelma

3. margaret August 1, 2014 at 8:48 AM #

I cast my cares Lord Jesus I don’t need to figure it all out to have Your peace

4. Veronica August 1, 2014 at 9:28 AM #

Thanks for allowing the Holy Spirit to minister through you to touch me today.

5. Sarah.Kelley August 1, 2014 at 9:28 AM #

GOT IT! That was GOOD! It AMAZES me how you know what your people need when we come running to the meadow! I’m going to re-read this all through the day! Many thank you’s!!!

6. Norine August 1, 2014 at 9:36 AM #

A very blessed message!! Thanks for this much needed reminder. Many times I desperately want to know all the answers and start fretting and thinking that God has abandoned me. But today this message has touched my soul and revived my faith in my Father. May God bless me to listen and follow Him. May God continue to bless you dear Br. Roy. You are His blessing in our life. BIG thank you!!

7. Harry Gates August 1, 2014 at 10:12 AM #

AMEN! Praise be to our Lord and Heavenly Father!

8. Mary smith August 1, 2014 at 10:43 AM #

To God be the glory. Let the redeemed of The Lord say so… What a encouraging message for my soul. My soul doth magnify The Lord, thank you.

9. Dianne Hansen August 1, 2014 at 11:08 AM #

Thank you so much for your encouraging words each day from HIS WORD. You bless me greatly and help me to focus on Jesus instead of what is going on around me. The Lord bless all of you.

10. Ruth August 1, 2014 at 2:28 PM #

Amen

11. NORMA August 1, 2014 at 2:52 PM #

Just what I needed. Thank you for sharing your gift of words of life with us. Today’s message brought light into the darkness for me.

12. Sandra Crittenden August 1, 2014 at 3:45 PM #

THANK YOU DADDY FOR EVERYTHING YOU GIVES ME. WHAT YOU GIVE ME IS WHAT I NEED.

13. Debbie August 1, 2014 at 7:22 PM #

‘Oh what peace we often forfeit, Oh what needless pain we bear.
    All because we do not carry, everything to God in prayer”.

A very encouraging devotional. Thank you.

14. Funmilayo August 3, 2014 at 11:43 AM #

Bless you for this message. Your messages are always timely . I look to The Lord , knowing that I only know in part , but he knows all and is full plans for me are of good not evil , giving me a future and an expectant end .

15. Fatima August 4, 2014 at 6:23 AM #

Hope!that is what i found in these words!

16. Bob Hanlin August 4, 2014 at 7:04 PM #

I enjoy reading your notes. They always bring a feeling of encouragement. There are so many things that ‘come at us’, but these are so helpful. Thanks over and over.

17. Darlene Hamilton August 10, 2014 at 1:02 PM #

AMEN!! I learned a long time ago that it is only through God that all things are possible and not to try and do things solely on my own, hand everything over to our Saviour.