August 29, 2014

A giving heart—People of Israel, Exodus 25:2
A listening heart—Mary, Luke 10:38-39
A worshiping heart—Lydia, Acts 16:14
A believing heart— Rahab, Hebrews 11:31
A sacrificial heart—Hannah, 1 Samuel 1:22
A happy heart—David, Psalm 4:7

Comments:

15 Responses to “Heart Matters”

1. Sandra Crittenden August 29, 2014 at 2:53 PM #

LOOK DEEPLY IN MY HEART LORD SO I CAN WORSHIP AND BE MORE IN YOU. REMOVE MY FLESH SO THERE WILL BE NO MORE OF ME. LOOK DEEPLY IN MY HEART AND CHANGE ME MORE IN YOUR IMAGE.

2. Elizabeth Morris August 29, 2014 at 5:07 PM #

Beautiful and timely for me!!!0

3. Sarah.Kelley August 29, 2014 at 11:00 PM #

Father, I ask of you to create within me a willing heart, a trusting heart, a rejoicing heart, a beautiful heart, a surrendered heart, a faithful heart, a praying heart, an obedient heart, a compassionate heart, a giving heart, a listening heart, a worshiping heart, a believing heart, a sacrificial heart….for then, I would have a happy heart! I love you, Father; I want to please you. Give me a heart that will honor you. I ask in Jesus name, & for His glory, Amen

• Tonya September 7, 2014 at 11:49 AM #

Amen!

• Barbara Byrd September 8, 2014 at 10:01 AM #

What a beautiful prayer Sarah, thank you for sharing. I will pray this often and share it with all my friends that they too may learn how to have a happy heart! God bless you!

4. Lynda Coleman August 30, 2014 at 6:22 AM #

I echo Sandra’s prayer. Thank you Lord.

5. Eve August 30, 2014 at 7:55 PM #

What a beautiful prayer Sarah. I shall say it at often as possible. Thank You.

6. Anita August 31, 2014 at 5:52 AM #

God looks at the heart..This reminds me of Matthew 5. The BEattitudes.

Lord cleanse me and give me a new heart. Thanks for this timely message.

7. Sush September 7, 2014 at 10:12 AM #

My God give me a joyful heart.
    Sush

8. Funmilayo September 7, 2014 at 12:44 PM #

Thank you for the prayer Sarah . I too need that kind of heart .

9. Mary Jordan September 7, 2014 at 7:08 PM #

I enjoyed all the comments and the pray. God has truly bless me, but the enemy has being putting things in my way for the last three weeks, but I know that there is no problem that God cannot solve, and I can do all things through Christ Jesus that strength me. THANK YOU FOR THE PRAY AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

10. Jesse Fong May Ling September 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM #

Thank you for reminding me that God looks at the heart.

Father God, make my heart your resting place where you will find
    brokenness & a contrite heart. A broken vessel to be used by you for your glory.

11. Valerie Price September 8, 2014 at 2:36 AM #

Father, I ask of you to create within me a willing heart, a trusting heart, a rejoicing heart, a beautiful heart, a surrendered heart, a faithful heart, a praying heart, an obedient heart, a compassionate heart, a giving heart, a listening heart, a worshiping heart, a believing heart, a sacrificial heart….for then, I would have a happy heart! I love you, Father; I want to please you. Give me a heart that will honour you. I ask in Jesus name, & for His glory, Let me always have a heart of Praise to your Holy Name from the rising of the sun to the going down of the same. Amen

12. Linda September 9, 2014 at 9:06 AM #

Hi!

I have found these words to be just beautiful and absolutely true. We need to be more like God in every way. The readings are so wonderful. I ask God to please give me a clean heart and renew his righteous spirit in me. Let me give God everything! My mind, heart, and soul!

13. LOUISA September 11, 2014 at 1:24 AM #

Father give me a heart that will honour you….AMEN